Get message that emc7 has to shut down

cep13

Question

I can't get emc7 to run after reinstalling it. Message comes up saying emc7 has to shut down because of the following "AppName:homepageapp.exe AppVer:7.1.0.189 ModName: Kernel32dll ModVer 5.1.2600.5781 OffSet:00012aeb"

I've unistalled and installed, rolled back to IE6 and and nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions

:D Thanks to Larry's link to a boxed emc7 updater it works now, even with ie7.

6 answers to this question

If you go to Windows, Start, Programs, look for Roxio and then the applications, do they work from there? I seem to remember that more than one person had problesm with the Home page working. If you don't need it, just make some shortcuts to the applications you use most.

I just tried this and I got the same message on all but one applications and it tried to load but all I got was some black lines. At least it was different.

Thanks anymore ideas. I did roll back to ie6 and it did the same.

You may have to re-install after rolling back to IE6 (IE7 made changes that damaged EMC 7)

I tried that already and got the same results.

Thanks

Got anything else to try.

:D Thanks to everyone who tried to help, But I got it to work. I have a boxed emc7.1.0.189 and I tried a link to the updater downloaded it and now it works even with ie7.

Again thanks

Can you bring a VideoWave project into DVD Builder, and actually see the production? Try it.

I can't get emc7 to run after reinstalling it. Message comes up saying emc7 has to shut down because of the following "AppName:homepageapp.exe AppVer:7.1.0.189 ModName: Kernel32dll ModVer 5.1.2600.5781 OffSet:00012aeb"

I've unistalled and installed, rolled back to IE6 and and nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions

If you go to Windows, Start, Programs, look for Roxio and then the applications, do they work from there? I seem to remember that more than one person had problesm with the Home page working. If you don't need it, just make some shortcuts to the applications you use most.

Archived