• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I convert my home DVDs to video clips?

Picture_Mom

Question

I'm attempting to add video and photos in creating a DVD of my nephew's basketball game. However, when I download the DVD to my computer, I can view the first 5seconds of the game...there's a lot of pausing. I don't video wasted time (timeouts, etc) I don't video the game straight thru. I need to set the DVD so that I can see the individual "clips" so that I can pick a few them, to include on the DVD. There's 1 hr of video on the DVD. I am at a loss and don't know what to do. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. How do I set the DVD so that I can view the clips? Please help. I'd like to get him a DVD soon. Projects like this is THE reason of buying this software. I hope I didn't waste my money.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

I'm attempting to add video and photos in creating a DVD of my nephew's basketball game. However, when I download the DVD to my computer, I can view the first 5seconds of the game...there's a lot of pausing. I don't video wasted time (timeouts, etc) I don't video the game straight thru. I need to set the DVD so that I can see the individual "clips" so that I can pick a few them, to include on the DVD. There's 1 hr of video on the DVD. I am at a loss and don't know what to do. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. How do I set the DVD so that I can view the clips? Please help. I'd like to get him a DVD soon. Projects like this is THE reason of buying this software. I hope I didn't waste my money.

Thanks!

What is the make/model of your camcorder?

How did you get the video from your camcorder (I assume its a DVD camcorder) to your computer? It seems that your camcorder recorded in small clips and not a continuous video.

What is the make/model of your camcorder?

How did you get the video from your camcorder (I assume its a DVD camcorder) to your computer? It seems that your camcorder recorded in small clips and not a continuous video.

Model Hitachi DZ-MV730A. It records on the mini DVDs. I copied the DVD from the E: drive to the desktop, then I had to rename AVI to get Roxio to recognize the format. Confusing, I know. ???? Maybe this will help you, help me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model Hitachi DZ-MV730A. It records on the mini DVDs. I copied the DVD from the E: drive to the desktop, then I had to rename AVI to get Roxio to recognize the format. Confusing, I know. ???? Maybe this will help you, help me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rename from what to what?

Are you recording to RAM discs? Does the camcorder have a USB output connection?

This is from a review of the camcorder:

Unless you are recording to DVD-R disc or your computer accommodates DVD-RAM discs, this could be a big problem, as you’re left with virtually no way to access your footage aside from on-camcorder or television playback.

Rename from what to what?

Are you recording to RAM discs? Does the camcorder have a USB output connection?

This is from a review of the camcorder:

Unless you are recording to DVD-R disc or your computer accommodates DVD-RAM discs, this could be a big problem, as you’re left with virtually no way to access your footage aside from on-camcorder or television playback.

renaming from vob to avi.

I could not get it to recognize vob???

Back to your question above? I am recording on DVD-r. Any suggestions as to what's next?

Was the DVD-R finalized in your camcorder? Is there a Video_TS folder on the DVD.

If yes, then you should copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive. Then launch Videowave (Edit-advanced) and click Add (on the task panel),navigate to the Video_TS folder and select a vob file.