• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Misc Blu-Ray Questions

Chukky

Question

When burning an iso disk for a Blu-Ray project in MyDVD, does it transcode the videos and audios twice. It seems that it reaches to a certain percentage point in the rendering process (around 60-65%) and all of a sudden it starts back around the 10% stage. I have not set the dual phase option in the project properties. This only happens with Blu-Ray not AVCHD.

7 answers to this question

Are you sure that the first part of the rendering is not audio rendering? What do you see in the preview window during the first part of the rendering?

I see the same thing as in the second part. All the videos and stills. The system just completed burning the Blu-ray ISO image. Cineplayer does not seem to be able to read Blu-Ray (strage?). I mount the ISO as a virtual clone disk and try to read it with Cineplayer, but it won't (this works for DVDs and AVCHDs).

I see the same thing as in the second part. All the videos and stills. The system just completed burning the Blu-ray ISO image. Cineplayer does not seem to be able to read Blu-Ray (strage?). I mount the ISO as a virtual clone disk and try to read it with Cineplayer, but it won't (this works for DVDs and AVCHDs).

CinePlayer will need to be CinePlayer BD in order to read and play the disc. Get a rewrite-able blu-ray disc and copy the ISO to the disc.; play it on your blu -ray player. Of course, you'll need to have a blu ray burner in order to burn it. See if it plays.

Also when you go to burn, do you have 2 pass encoding checked?

I've asked several times to please out your computer specs in your signature. Go to the tab at the top of this page and select My Controls; look to the left to edit your signature. Put in the information about your computer. If you do so, we won;t have to keep asking about the computer; in this case, do you have a blu-ray burner? Please do so.

Stop ignoring requests.

Great idea about the signature Steve, and thanks for the response. I hope my new signature with the computer specs shows up.

I don't have a Blu-Ray burner yet (just ordered a Pioneer BDR-205 12X burner from eBay last week). However, I am using the Virtual Clone Disk software to mount the newly created ISO image and opening it with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 (supposed to support Blu-ray) and does not recognize the ISO. I will test it with the proper Blu-Ray burner once installed and will update this post.

I do not have teo pass encoding turned on. I tried a much smaller test run, and it seems that it is doing a double run (maybe audio first, then videos). It does seem to show the same display in the preview pane.