• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD Capture Video

cgarrettharc

Question

I would like to begin a new project in MyDVD, utilizing video I have on some mini-DVD(s) I have captured from my DVD Sony Camcorder.

My issue lies in that I used to have a lot of success burning DVDs in MyDVD 6 using the "IMPORT" function and manipulating the video. However, under this version of MyDVD I am having difficulty importing video from these discs. When I try to import the video, I encounter two problems:

(1) The program does not recognize any media files on my D:Drive, which is where these discs exist (once loaded). I don't have a problem playing these discs through CinePlayer, but through MyDVD I am not able to utilize this media through the Create a New Project.

(2) If I decide to copy the media from these discs directly to my hard drive through MyDVD, I am posed with three options to use: Standard Div(x), WMV or DVD? From what I have read on-line it appears that AVI is the best option to use when creating/editing media on your computer. However, I believe these media/video files from my disc are in MPEG2 (unsure?) format, since they were recorded and finalized in Sony product. I am unsure under which of these three options to choose, as well as I am wondering why AVI is not an option.

I appreciate any suggestions? It seems relatively elementary, but I am really confused.

2 answers to this question

I would like to begin a new project in MyDVD, utilizing video I have on some mini-DVD(s) I have captured from my DVD Sony Camcorder.

My issue lies in that I used to have a lot of success burning DVDs in MyDVD 6 using the "IMPORT" function and manipulating the video. However, under this version of MyDVD I am having difficulty importing video from these discs. When I try to import the video, I encounter two problems:

(1) The program does not recognize any media files on my D:Drive, which is where these discs exist (once loaded). I don't have a problem playing these discs through CinePlayer, but through MyDVD I am not able to utilize this media through the Create a New Project.

(2) If I decide to copy the media from these discs directly to my hard drive through MyDVD, I am posed with three options to use: Standard Div(x), WMV or DVD? From what I have read on-line it appears that AVI is the best option to use when creating/editing media on your computer. However, I believe these media/video files from my disc are in MPEG2 (unsure?) format, since they were recorded and finalized in Sony product. I am unsure under which of these three options to choose, as well as I am wondering why AVI is not an option.

I appreciate any suggestions? It seems relatively elementary, but I am really confused.

First, MyDVD in version 8 has nothing in common with MyDVD 6, except the name. The MyDVD in version 8 was built around the Roxio DVD Builder.

Second, make sure those mini discs are finalized, or they won't capture in version 8. Also, version 8 is not able to capture from the hard drive. It is a huge bug that more than likely won't be fixed until version 9.

(2) If I decide to copy the media from these discs directly to my hard drive through MyDVD, I am posed with three options to use: Standard Div(x), WMV or DVD?
I'm not surre how you are doing this to get those options. MyDVD 8 can not use VOB files directly. Open MyDVD 8 and click on the FILE menu and select CAPTURE/IMPORT. This brings up Media Import. Click on the VIDEO Tab. The drive should be in the drop down list. Select that and then your movies will appear under that. Select the ones you want to import. For capture settings, select MPEG and then click IMPORT NOW.

post-49-1149877088.jpg

Archived