• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

says i need emc 10

debbi

Question

bought at best buy today states compatible with windows 7 tried to install 2 hours later just hanging went to chat they told me to terminate install which i did it has been uninstalling for over an hour i did not really plan on giving up half a day on this it is still stating rollback but has not moved... please help

14 answers to this question

bought at best buy today states compatible with windows 7 tried to install 2 hours later just hanging went to chat they told me to terminate install which i did it has been uninstalling for over an hour i did not really plan on giving up half a day on this it is still stating rollback but has not moved... please help

Have a read, here:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN

Follow all steps.

whayt is going on i have window 7 bought easy dvd cd red box first install faird had to do a clean install 2nd install went great until it said i had to install emc 10 first

The Clean Install should clean up the problems you are having, provided you follow it to the letter!

But you don’t have EMC 6 and all indications point to you actually having Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning.

The proper program name for the Suite is very important so that we can point you to the proper instructions!

Likewise error messages have meaning. Guessing yours was actually Cannot Install Content until Easy Media Creator 10 has been installed.

Let us know and we will get this moved to the proper forum.

ok the exact name on the box is easy cd and dvd burning i made sure it was windows 7 comp after the clean install i installed vet quickly but then a message you stated popped up thank you i am very green at this

Thanks for the info update!

Gpb gave you a link for the Prep Steps.

Here are the instructions for the Clean Install – Here

It was intended for the full version and was written before Win7 was invented… So follow it but don’t be surprised if some things are not there.

We will move this to the correct forum but there will be a link here so you can follow it.

Thanks for the info update!

Gpb gave you a link for the Prep Steps.

Here are the instructions for the Clean Install – Here

It was intended for the full version and was written before Win7 was invented… So follow it but don’t be surprised if some things are not there.

We will move this to the correct forum but there will be a link here so you can follow it.

post above i already did the clean install and still getting emc message

post above i already did the clean install and still getting emc message

Debbie

Go to registry editor and look for following key and delete. Then try re-installing.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{612B5D2E-8084-4102-91DE-24281E4EFB2C}

If using a x64 OS, then look for following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{612B5D2E-8084-4102-91DE-24281E4EFB2C}

Debbie

Go to registry editor and look for following key and delete. Then try re-installing.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{612B5D2E-8084-4102-91DE-24281E4EFB2C}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{612B5D2E-8084-4102-91DE-24281E4EFB2C}

THANK YOU SO MUCH this worked the info they were giving for the clean install was if you were using x64 in which i was not you are the best

hopefully they will add that to thier clean install instructions and make life a whole lot easier

<!--quoteo(post=311507:date=Jan 15 2010, 10:53 AM:name=debbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (debbi @ Jan 15 2010, 10:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311507"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->post above i already did the clean install and still getting emc message<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Debbie

I have Win 7 x64, was having the same installation problem. This registry modification fixed it for me. I was able to successfully install after deleting the entry.

Thanks!