• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave vs. MyDVD

cgarrettharc

Question

I have a real simple question.

I am taking home movies that I have on mini-DVDs, to which I want to import onto my hard-drive, that I want to compile into one DVD, which also incorporates a menu and some brief audio backgrounds.

Which application would you recommend I use to complete this relatively elementary task: Videowave, MyDVD, or even Disk Copier?

9 answers to this question

Videowave is for EDITING

MyDVD is for creating the DVD (menus and chapters)

There is no feature to 'merge' two MyDVD projects and I'm not sure why you would want to do that. If you want more than one movie on a DVD, then all you do is add them.

EMC includes a few video tutorials, Help files and manual. Spend some time with these tools to better understand how the applications functions.

I started using myDVD in EM8 to create a large project of pictures and video. I couldn't do this in EM7 and always used Videowave and then moved the video to myDVD to add menus.... In EM8 it seemed like you could do it all in myDVD so why use 2 pieces of software instead of one. When I add video to myDVD I edit out the unwanted clips by splitting and removing... I thought this was editing. I also add text and picture overlays in myDVD. Then I add menu buttons. So now I have a lot of edited video that I created in myDVD and I want to reuse it in another project. The only way I can see to do this is to create a DVD and then capture from it. Probably a mistake to have started to use myDVD instead of Videowave but it seems to let you do everything you can do in Videowave...

but it seems to let you do everything you can do in Videowave...

Technically, 'edit movie' in MyDVD is indeed using Videowave. However, there are a few things that are NOT available. That which affects you would be exporting the edited video out to a file. That is only available if you run Videowave. I don't think that the 'edit movie' in MyDVD was intended to replace the full Videowave editor.

Technically, 'edit movie' in MyDVD is indeed using Videowave. However, there are a few things that are NOT available. That which affects you would be exporting the edited video out to a file. That is only available if you run Videowave. I don't think that the 'edit movie' in MyDVD was intended to replace the full Videowave editor.

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I know and will use Videowave for all editing. Too bad all features were not in the myDVD version of Videowave then everyone could save the step of moving from Videowave to myDVD just to add the menus...

Videowave is for editing - cutting parts out, adding transitions/effects, etc

MyDVD is DVD authoring - makes the menus, add chapters

Disc Copier can combine several videos onto a disc, but you are limited to the premade menus. No editing.

So if you don't need to edit, go directly to MyDVD or Disc Copier.

Videowave is for editing - cutting parts out, adding transitions/effects, etc

MyDVD is DVD authoring - makes the menus, add chapters

Disc Copier can combine several videos onto a disc, but you are limited to the premade menus. No editing.

So if you don't need to edit, go directly to MyDVD or Disc Copier.

I use myDVD and edit video clips and pictures. I have also been wondering if I should be using it or videowave. The only limit I can see is that I cannot merge 2 myDVD projects together so if I edit video in one myDVD project I can't move it (in edited format) to another project. Can you do this if you use videowave? Also, if you use videowave do you still have to move to myDVD to add the chapters and menus before burning?

Videowave is for EDITING

There is no feature to 'merge' two MyDVD projects and I'm not sure why you would want to do that. If you want more than one movie on a DVD, then all you do is add them.

EMC includes a few video tutorials, Help files and manual. Spend some time with these tools to better understand how the applications functions.

Videowave is for EDITING

.....and if you want to combine clips, you just add them to the VideoWave project and they merge seamlessly and automatically.

Archived