• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

LP and Tape Asisstant

seabrookd@siast.sk.ca

Question

I am using Roxio media creator 8 and Record now's lp and tape asisstant to transfer cd's , records and cassettes to wav files. I utilize a 200 disc cd player and am not able to record more than 3 cd's at a time.

It appears to record the large # of tracks and even shows an audio file but there is no audio. Anytime I stop after 1 or 2 or even 3 cd's it workls great. Is there a limitation in the program?

I have a dual processor P4 3.2GHz system with 1Gig of Ram.

3 answers to this question

I think that you need to explain a little better what you are doing.

I am recording music cd's to my hard drive.

I record a cd with this program ( LP and tape Assistant), then add titles or 'tags to it, then export the songs to my hard drive.

The problems begin if I do more than 3 cd's at a time. without stopping. So the file may contain 40 0r 50 or more songs that I would then like to add titles to. At this point it has never worked . there is no audio.

Have you ever tried anything like this?

Dale

I am using Roxio media creator 8 and Record now's lp and tape asisstant to transfer cd's , records and cassettes to wav files. I utilize a 200 disc cd player and am not able to record more than 3 cd's at a time.

It appears to record the large # of tracks and even shows an audio file but there is no audio. Anytime I stop after 1 or 2 or even 3 cd's it workls great. Is there a limitation in the program?

I have a dual processor P4 3.2GHz system with 1Gig of Ram.

I think that you need to explain a little better what you are doing.

I am recording music cd's to my hard drive.

I record a cd with this program ( LP and tape Assistant), then add titles or 'tags to it, then export the songs to my hard drive.

The problems begin if I do more than 3 cd's at a time. without stopping. So the file may contain 40 0r 50 or more songs that I would then like to add titles to. At this point it has never worked . there is no audio.

Have you ever tried anything like this?

Dale

So, you're recording your CDs through your sound card rather than ripping them digitally? I would ask, "Why?" Why go through the D/A and A/D conversion instead of keeping everything in the digital domain?

But, if that's the case, and you're recording to .WAV file, and if your CDs are a full 80 minutes or nearly that, then you could be hitting the limit of a .WAV file, which is about 2GB. If you try to go over that, I don't know what will happen. The limit is just over 3 1/2 hours at CD quality. Theoretically, it should be twice that, but the definition for the data chunk size uses a signed double-word instead of unsigned.

Maybe that helps? If so, I'd suggest using something like Music Disc Creator, or Disc & Device Utility to extract your tracks individually instead of recording through your sound card. It'll be faster too.

Archived