leadingedge

Label Creator Print Settings for HP Printer

Question

Hi

Does anyone know the Print settings that you need to use to setup Label Creator to print to a HP Photosmart 5160 printer. I tried for hours without success - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:D:D:D:DI have fixed it, please open full thread and see how i did it, Solution will apply to all printers not Just HP. :D:D:D

Edited by leadingedge

6 answers to this question

Hi

Does anyone know the Print settings that you need to use to setup Label Creator to print to a HP Photosmart 5160 printer. I tried for hours without success - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you able to describe the problem since there are no presets for any printers. Most of it comes from trial and error for some printers.

Guys thanks for the posts. I have done what was suggestted, created the Page files and placed them in the appropriate folder, still the Printer did not show up in the Print to Disc / Printer ID window, so then edited the LabelCreatorStrings.xml file to add lines to reference the Page Files created earlier. Still no joy, the Printer still doesnt show up, hence am unable to print to disc on the HP D5160 printer.

Have even tried just editing the key data settings for the HP and saving them to the already working Epson Reference, in other words trying to use the Page file and Script for an Epson Printer as a the file for the HP but with the HP settings. This had the effect of deleting the Epson Printer form the drop down list .

Any other ideas would be grastefully recieved. :unsure:

Hi

Thanks

:rolleyes::D:D All, a quick update -

With a lot of playing around and your help I have sorted it. Thanks to Skins for the link to an earlier post to how to do it for MY DVD10. However, there is one step missing which is after creating the Page Files and placing them in the appropraite folder, you also need to add a couple of lines of code to the "LabelCreatorStrings.xml" file located at the following path in Windows 7

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\Label Creator 12\Skin\1033\Strings

You need to be very careful that the string reference used in the .XML file matches the File Name of the page file exactly, as any difference will prevent it from loading the Printer.

Here are the Page Files I created. File 1 prints the hub, file 2 doesn't. Just copy the Red Text of each to Wordpad, save, rename file esxtension to .JWP and move to Page File Folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\Label Creator 12\Page Files [Remember to turn on the "Show File Extendsions" options in Windows 7. Just google it to find out if you dont know.]

File 1: File Name: HPD5160

[Page Description]

/* Internationalize everything after name = (that line only)*/

Name= stringRef:HP D5160 Prt Hub

Paper Height = 5.125

Paper Width = 5.125

Number of Views = 1

; 1 for print directly to disc

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.323 6.425

Inner Radius = 1.9

Outer Radius = 5.80

File 2: File Name: HPD5160

[Page Description]

/* Internationalize everything after name = (that line only)*/

Name= stringRef:HP D5160 No Hub Prt

Paper Height = 5.125

Paper Width = 5.125

Number of Views = 1

; 1 for print directly to disc

Print Type = 1

[View Info 1]

View Type = Disc

[Disc Info 1]

Offset = 6.323 6.425

Inner Radius = 1.06

Outer Radius = 5.80

Open the "LabelCreatorStrings.xml" file with Wordpad (it is worth making a backup of the original file first), [Right Mouse Click, Open With, select Wordpad]

Scroll down the text and look for the following (about 2/3rds of the way down):

<stringTable name="PageFileStrings">

Add the following lines of code, i added them adjacent to the Epson references, not sure if this matters though as long as it is in the string table called Page File Strings.

<string name="HPD5160">HP D5160</string>

<string name="HPD5160NoHub">HP D5160 No Hub Prt</string>

Open Label Creator and now you can see and select the Printer using either the Page Setup command or the dialogue in the Print Window, it loads the settings defined in the Page File. Note- ignore the print preview as stated in the earlier referenced post.

Also, to all you guys with Printers that print DVD's - this is a fix for all printers, not just HP. As long as you follow the principles here and adjust your File Names, Printer Description and settings within the Page Files to suit your printer (often determined by by Trial and Error) this will work for all makes of Printer.......at last a fix .

If you guys want I will combine all the steps in a single document and send it to the moderator to be added to the forum.

Happy Days!!!!!!

P.S not impressed with Roxio Support who directed me to contact HP.

Yes that would be a good idea to have this as a pinned post for this.

Odd that is doesn't come up too often???

Some screen caps would be a nice compliment too.

I will IM you my email if you would be kind enough to send that too me.

Hello I see that you have found the solution to the HP printer problem with printing directly onto discs with an HP printer I am wondering if we could talk by e-mail about this. I do have an HP printer, which I have just bought and I am waiting for the new version of the software which is giving us all the problems to arrive my HP is a photo smart 309

Hope to hear from you sometime shortly Michelle