• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Not a valid win32 application

dplfires

Question

I installed Roxio Creator2010 Pro and for about 5 or 6 uses the program worked just fine. Then when I try to use the program once again, it gives me an error that RoxioCentralFX.exe is not a valid Win32 application. now it will not launch... but worked fine at first... I have installed the service pack1 and 2 for window vista, also the service pack 1 for Roxio and still are having problems.

3 answers to this question

I installed Roxio Creator2010 Pro and for about 5 or 6 uses the program worked just fine. Then when I try to use the program once again, it gives me an error that RoxioCentralFX.exe is not a valid Win32 application. now it will not launch... but worked fine at first... I have installed the service pack1 and 2 for window vista, also the service pack 1 for Roxio and still are having problems.

Was your Vista service pack updated before the install of Roxio Creator 2010 software?

cd

Hi dplfires

I had a similar problem when I bought Roxio Creator 2010 last September. Roxio Central 5 opened the first few times and then it wouldn't open anymore.

It kept giving me a message that it "encountered a problem" and could not open. I painstakingly did two clean installs and confirmed my drivers, specs etc., were all in order through members of the forum. Eventually, I copied and pasted the data error code and gave it to a really nice "digital guru" on this forum who really tried to help but unfortunately he and no one else was able to find the problem.

I anxiously waited for the SP1 patch but nothing changed after downloading it.

I can still access each module directly but as a newbie I really miss the video tutorials and other neat suff that you can only access from the central home page.

I hope you have better luck.

DonJD

Check this out. Sounds like one of the possibilities. Perhaps give a clean sweep using clean install.