• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MY DVD menu

aljmobr

Question

I'm trying to use My DVD (inside EMC 8), to make a DVD with three short movies. Well, it works, but after each one, the menu comes back. I want it to play in sequence, NON STOP, automaticly passing from one movie to the next. I've spent a long time with the help menu (complicated!), and the only solution found was to use the video compilation, but there I do not have the nice menu options with music, etc. Does anybody has a way to help me? Thank you!

8 answers to this question

This has been asked tons of times. The 'play next movie' feature is ONLY in the Deluxe version by using the SETTINGS. This feature is 'grayed' out in all other versions.

As an option, you can have a PLAY ALL and SCENES buttons.

To make a play all button

The easiest way:

Open MyDVD

Click ADD MOVIE

Navigate to your file.

Hold down the Control key and click on each file.

Click Add button

This puts all the files under one button. If they aren't in the correct order, you can click on EDIT MOVIE. In the storyboard mode, just drag the panels in the correct order. Click BACK TO MENU

Rename the button PLAY ALL

Select the button and copy to clipboard

Move the button slightly

Paste back the clipboard

Move this button and rename SELECT SCENES (or whatever)

Right click on it and EDIT CHAPTER

Put a chapter mark where the begining of each movie was.

Done

You should have two buttons: Play ALL and Select Scenes

The Select Scenes button will take you to a submenu where the viewer can choose one of the files where you added chapter marks.

What if I've created a number of edited VideoWave files that I want to combine into one DVD. I created them with the idea that each would be a chapter. How can i combine them into a PLAY ALL button in a specific order?

Thank you for your good answer! It seems it works fine - with movies, but not if I try to add video wave projects not yet made as video files, right? - Simple question of a beginer: Wher is the clipboard?! Somwere on the main MYDVD window?

This has been asked tons of times. The 'play next movie' feature is ONLY in the Deluxe version by using the SETTINGS. This feature is 'grayed' out in all other versions.

The easiest way:

Open MyDVD

Click ADD MOVIE

Navigate to your file.

Click Add button

This puts all the files under one button. If they aren't in the correct order, you can click on EDIT MOVIE. In the storyboard mode, just drag the panels in the correct order. Click BACK TO MENU

Move the button slightly

Paste back the clipboard

Done

The Select Scenes button will take you to a submenu where the viewer can choose one of the files where you added chapter marks.

Thank you for your good answer! It seems it works fine - with movies, but not if I try to add video wave projects not yet made as video files, right? - Simple question of a beginer: Wher is the clipboard?! Somwere on the main MYDVD window?

The easiest way:

Open MyDVD

Click ADD MOVIE

Navigate to your file.

Click Add button

Move the button slightly

Paste back the clipboard

Done

The Windows Clipboard -- You can use the EDIT / COPY and EDIT / PASTE or the keyboard: Ctrl+C to copy, Ctrl+v to paste. Just like in any other Windows program.

This procedure works with anything that you add: MPEG, AVI, slideshows or Videowave Projects.

All you are doing is making a copy of the button. NOT the movies. You end up with two buttons that 'point' to the same movie or slideshow. One button plays and the other button will take you to a submenu to select a chapter.

Tricky, but can be done.

Open MyDVD and create new project

Click ADD VIDEO

The tricky part... in the Media Selector, hold the CONTROL key while clicking on each file once (like selecting files inside Explorer).

Click ADD

This puts all those files under one button. If they aren't in the correct order for some reason, you should be able to 'edit movie' to rearrange them.

Just for the record,

I have EMCDeluxe, and I have had problems rearranging video clips after I have added them. The best thing I have found is to add each sequentially in the order that you want them displayed-- if you mess up, start again. I have not had luck moving the clips after adding them either because I do not do it properly, or I am impatient and try to do more before the software is finished, or there are problems with the software.

There is also another aspect of this covered in the discussion of this in one of my posts entitled "EMC8Deluxe, slideshows and video builider, problems with the DVD builder returing to the main menu..."

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=7215

I do not know if it is a problem with my software, or just the way I am using it

Tricky, but can be done.

Open MyDVD and create new project

Click ADD VIDEO

The tricky part... in the Media Selector, hold the CONTROL key while clicking on each file once (like selecting files inside Explorer).

Click ADD

This puts all those files under one button. If they aren't in the correct order for some reason, you should be able to 'edit movie' to rearrange them.

I truly appreciate your response, but I am not succeeding. In MyDVD, I find no ADD VIDEO, only ADD NEW MOVIE. This opens to SELECT MEDIA FILE. Using the Control key I highlighted 3 .dmsm files, but there is no ADD, only OPEN. When I OPEN, I get 3 buttons, not one.

Perhaps I should have created only one large (edited) VideoWave file, then done the copy button trick, and within one of the buttons, created chapters. Is there any way to combine the 3 edited VideoWave files into one big .dmsm file?

I've never used .dmsm files and sounds like MyDVD treats those differently as a video file like MPG, AVI, etc. What I outlined, works fine with video files.

So you would need to go to Videowave and open one project at a time and then OUTPUT TO FILE for each one. Then add those files to a MyDVD project.

The easiest way:

Open MyDVD

Click ADD MOVIE

Navigate to your file.

Click Add button

Move the button slightly

Paste back the clipboard

Done

Archived