"Plug and burn" DVD wont play in any DVD Player... whats up?

doug84

Question

So I've burned a few of these dvd's using the plug and burn feature... only to try them out in my dvd player, computer dvd drive, 2 other peoples computers and dvd players. Nothing works. What's the point of turning a VHS to a DVD if you can't even watch it. I looked around for options and help on this topic but got nothing. I hope someone can help me with this

1 answer to this question

So I've burned a few of these dvd's using the plug and burn feature... only to try them out in my dvd player, computer dvd drive, 2 other peoples computers and dvd players. Nothing works. What's the point of turning a VHS to a DVD if you can't even watch it. I looked around for options and help on this topic but got nothing. I hope someone can help me with this

Do not use Plug&Burn it creates all sorts of problems since it depends so much on your burner, system specs, etc. Almost nobody recommends using this feature.

You would be much better off first capturing to your hard drive and then using Create DVDs to burn to the DVD. The divides the capturing and burning into two separate operations. One little hiccup while using Plug&Burn and you have to do the whole capture and burn process again.

What are your system specs, especially video card.

Also what make of DVD media are you using. Hopefully its not some poor quality make such as Maxell, Memorex or worse, store brands. Try for some quality DVDs such as Verbatims.