• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Montreal Boy

Title screen hangs...but all other screens working perfectly

Question

I just finished creating my DVD and everything plays perfectly on my computer. I tried playing it on my DVD player and the DVD plays fine as well. The only issue is that the title screen hangs after 2-3 seconds and then everything just freezes. This happens every time I load the DVD. However, if I press "play" immediately after the title screen loads, I am brought into the chapters menu and from that point onwards everything works perfectly; I can leave the DVD on the chapter menu screens and there is no issue with hanging.

I tried doing the exact same thing on my computer that there is no issue with the title screen hanging.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so, is there a way to remedy this?

3 answers to this question

I just finished creating my DVD and everything plays perfectly on my computer. I tried playing it on my DVD player and the DVD plays fine as well. The only issue is that the title screen hangs after 2-3 seconds and then everything just freezes. This happens every time I load the DVD. However, if I press "play" immediately after the title screen loads, I am brought into the chapters menu and from that point onwards everything works perfectly; I can leave the DVD on the chapter menu screens and there is no issue with hanging.

I tried doing the exact same thing on my computer that there is no issue with the title screen hanging.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so, is there a way to remedy this?

Your DVD player may be having trouble reading the disc. What brand of media are you using? At what speed did you burn the disc?

Most regulars here, use either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. I burn at a maximum of 8X, if I am burning the video for myself. For a couple of other people that I burn the disc for, I burn at 4X, because their DVD players can be finicky.

Your DVD player may be having trouble reading the disc. What brand of media are you using? At what speed did you burn the disc?

Most regulars here, use either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. I burn at a maximum of 8X, if I am burning the video for myself. For a couple of other people that I burn the disc for, I burn at 4X, because their DVD players can be finicky.

I'm using Verbatim discs. I'm pretty sure the burn speed was around 8X but noticed that during part of the burn process, it was burning faster than 8X. So are you saying I should burn the disc at a lower speed like 4X? I just find it strange that the problem is limited to one screen.

I'm using Verbatim discs. I'm pretty sure the burn speed was around 8X but noticed that during part of the burn process, it was burning faster than 8X. So are you saying I should burn the disc at a lower speed like 4X? I just find it strange that the problem is limited to one screen.

You could try 6x first, to see if it helps.