• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 1402 on an XP system trying to install Creator 8

martinbrossman

Question

Error 1402 on an XP system trying to install Creator 8 :

Trying to install Creator 8 by Roxio that I just bought and it will not install. I get the following error on an XP professional system and did multiple things to check the registery all ok, no problem with ANY other program!!!

This is the error "Error 1402. Could not open key:HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Classes\Msxml2.DO MDocument.4.0\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. "

I checked microsoft and this is only an 98 error but it is on a XP system!

I tried to 'log in to ' Roxio' support and it will not let me, will let me sign up with an id but then ask for an email (how useless!!!!!) ..

VERY disapointed customer.. hope some users can help .

Martin Brossman

2 answers to this question

If someone could just explain how I could get Roxio support to HELP me with my instalation that would be a good start!

Unhappy camper :)

Error 1402 on an XP system trying to install Creator 8 :

Trying to install Creator 8 by Roxio that I just bought and it will not install. I get the following error on an XP professional system and did multiple things to check the registery all ok, no problem with ANY other program!!!

This is the error "Error 1402. Could not open key:HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Classes\Msxml2.DO MDocument.4.0\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. "

Hi martinbrossman

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but this site is a user forum only and not there technical support,

it is run and managed by users like you...

the only way to get Full tech support is though the contacts tab to your left of the menu here...

BUT, if you want to let a few experienced people here that have had issues and solved them help you then

can you do a few things here for us?

Post a full list of your computer spec's, service packs, operating system, Hardware maker IE:Dell ??

Video card , harddrives?, DVD unit?

As all this info will help us here to try to find a resolve for you?

Look forward to helping you

PS: this error says to me that you have login in on a account on xp as a user and not as a full administrator or you have a application that stops spyware or registry modafications from haperning....

as this error says you dont have access to that key, and it will be one of these to items that may be causing this lock out.

Archived