• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

BIKE

Question

Hi..

I have a roxio creator 2010 software on my Windows XP PC computer.. I used Roxio MyDVD program to burn to my DVD, it opens project, encode movies, encode menus, record menus just fine except it won't complete past 97%.. I checked my dvd drive to make sure it've been enabled, I disabled it and enabled it again to check, still no luck. I even checked my dvd drive for updates, it shows that it've been updated. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi..

I have a roxio creator 2010 software on my Windows XP PC computer.. I used Roxio MyDVD program to burn to my DVD, it opens project, encode movies, encode menus, record menus just fine except it won't complete past 97%.. I checked my dvd drive to make sure it've been enabled, I disabled it and enabled it again to check, still no luck. I even checked my dvd drive for updates, it shows that it've been updated. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

I'm running C2010 software also and have burned quite a few DVD's with it so far and I too have noticed that after everythng sems to have burned sucessfuly, it stops at the 97%. HOWEVER, I don't know how long you have waited for it to close the disc and give the "completed" indication, but I have found I have to wait a bit longer than I expected. All of mine have complete O.K., I just had to wait (By wait I mean maybe a couple of minutes)

Frank...

I'm running C2010 software also and have burned quite a few DVD's with it so far and I too have noticed that after everythng sems to have burned sucessfuly, it stops at the 97%. HOWEVER, I don't know how long you have waited for it to close the disc and give the "completed" indication, but I have found I have to wait a bit longer than I expected. All of mine have complete O.K., I just had to wait (By wait I mean maybe a couple of minutes)

Frank...

Thank you for your reply, Frank.. I've waited for an hour or 2 several times, no luck with that.

Thank you for your reply, Frank.. I've waited for an hour or 2 several times, no luck with that.

I also checked my drive's firmware/drivers. All are updated. And all DMAs are enabled. I'm trying to check PX Engine right now, am unable to open the file because I don't have WINZIP regular version, just my evaluation version has been expired. How can I download the PX Engine without WINZIP?

O.K.then I just wanted to make sure you were just not waiting that last couple of minutes for the burn to close. So looks like you have some other problems as there is no way it would take that long to close the burn. If the burn shows it has completed all of the processes (encoding menus, movies and records menus) that would indicate that it is doing the process correctly.

So lets get a bit more information if you don't mind. Where did you get the program from, that you are trying to burn to a DVD ? Maybe just explain the steps you went through to get to MyDVD and where the program file came from. Can you play the program you are trying to burn in WMP, Cineplayer, or if it came from the Roxio Videowave program does it play clear through in that program. There could be something near the end of the program that is causing it to stop at that point. And could you post some of the spec's on your computer , including video card, RAM memory etc.

Frank...

O.K.then I just wanted to make sure you were just not waiting that last couple of minutes for the burn to close. So looks like you have some other problems as there is no way it would take that long to close the burn. If the burn shows it has completed all of the processes (encoding menus, movies and records menus) that would indicate that it is doing the process correctly.

So lets get a bit more information if you don't mind. Where did you get the program from, that you are trying to burn to a DVD ? Maybe just explain the steps you went through to get to MyDVD and where the program file came from. Can you play the program you are trying to burn in WMP, Cineplayer, or if it came from the Roxio Videowave program does it play clear through in that program. There could be something near the end of the program that is causing it to stop at that point. And could you post some of the spec's on your computer , including video card, RAM memory etc.

Frank...

Thanks for the WINZIP! I'm downloading it now. I got the C2010 from COSTCO wholesale store. I used the ROXIO USB to capture the VHS, saved it in MPEG-2 then edited it in videowave program, saved it then opened Roxio myDVD to burn, that's where I'm stuck at.

My specs are

Windows XP Home Edition

AMD Athlon 2650e Processor

NVIDA GeForce 6150SE Graphics

DVD+-RW Super Multi-Format Dual Layer Optical Drive

160 GB HD

1 GB DDR2 Memory

Will keep you posted after I download PX Engine.

Finished download PX Engine, it checked and successfully updated it. Tried to burn again, still stops at 97% for 5 minutes.

Finished download PX Engine, it checked and successfully updated it. Tried to burn again, still stops at 97% for 5 minutes.

Thanks for the WINZIP! I'm downloading it now. I got the C2010 from COSTCO wholesale store. I used the ROXIO USB to capture the VHS, saved it in MPEG-2 then edited it in videowave program, saved it then opened Roxio myDVD to burn, that's where I'm stuck at.

My specs are

Windows XP Home Edition

AMD Athlon 2650e Processor

DVD+-RW Super Multi-Format Dual Layer Optical Drive

160 GB HD

1 GB DDR2 Memory

Was the VHS tape you copied using the USB capture device your own or a commercial tape ? Also what kind of editing did you do in Videowave program ? You might want to go back and take a look at the Videowave production to see if there is something in the captured file near the end that might be causing the problem (i.e. stopping at the same place each time when you burn in MyDVD)

Frank...

Was the VHS tape you copied using the USB capture device your own or a commercial tape ? Also what kind of editing did you do in Videowave program ? You might want to go back and take a look at the Videowave production to see if there is something in the captured file near the end that might be causing the problem (i.e. stopping at the same place each time when you burn in MyDVD)

Frank...

Yes, I used USB capture device to capture my own VHS home movies. I used production file in Videowave to edit. It plays just fine to the end, no stopping there.

The GeForce 6 Series is Nvidia's sixth generation of GeForce graphic processing units. Launched on April 14, 2004, the GeForce 6 family introduced PureVideo post-processing for video, SLI technology, and Shader Model 3.0 support (compliant with Microsoft DirectX 9.0c specification and OpenGL 2.0).

Have you updated DirectX?

Have you updated your video drivers?

Have you tried, under tools, rendering the project in software and hardware?

cd

Have you tried saving it as a disc image first and also unchecking Burn to disc option? Do you end up stuck at 97%? What brand of DVDs are you using?

Yes, still stuck.. I'm using MAGNAVOX DVD-R DISC.

The GeForce 6 Series is Nvidia's sixth generation of GeForce graphic processing units. Launched on April 14, 2004, the GeForce 6 family introduced PureVideo post-processing for video, SLI technology, and Shader Model 3.0 support (compliant with Microsoft DirectX 9.0c specification and OpenGL 2.0).

Have you updated DirectX?

Have you updated your video drivers?

Have you tried, under tools, rendering the project in software and hardware?

cd

Thank you, I checked the website and found a correct update for NVIDIA and downloaded it, installed it, and restarted the computer. Still stuck at 97%

Updated DirectX, still no luck.

Tried rendering project, it was already in hardware, so I tested the graphics and it switched me to software. Still stuck at 97%.

Try a new short project and or cut this one in half try the first half...

How long in time is this project and what setting are you out putting it to?

cd

I tried the short project first, it didn't work.. I even tried 1 minute clip, didn't work too. I tried to write in 4x, 8x, and 16x speed. Still stops at 97%.

I tried the short project first, it didn't work.. I even tried 1 minute clip, didn't work too. I tried to write in 4x, 8x, and 16x speed. Still stops at 97%.

It didn't work isn't alot of detail to go on.

You have tried to save as a image file like firenhancer suggested, then burn the image to disc?

If a 1 minute clip hangs up at 97% somethings a muck, have you clean uninstalled and reinstalled the product?

cd

It didn't work isn't alot of detail to go on.

You have tried to save as a image file like firenhancer suggested, then burn the image to disc?

If a 1 minute clip hangs up at 97% somethings a muck, have you clean uninstalled and reinstalled the product?

cd

Yes, I did both. I double checked the C2010 CD and noticed that there's very small scratch on it. It's brand new. CD might be a defect, I need a new CD to test to see if that's the problem.

Try some different media like Verbatim. You might want to consider using a DVD R/W disk until you can get things working correctly. Have you burned anything sucessfully to DVD using another problem like Imgburn (it's free)?

Big_Dave, BIKE can't complete the encoding to a image file let alone burn it to a DVD disc...

cd

Yes, I did both. I double checked the C2010 CD and noticed that there's very small scratch on it. It's brand new. CD might be a defect, I need a new CD to test to see if that's the problem.

Bike, was your "burn" to an image file successful? Did the problem occur when you tried to burn that image file to a DVD?

If that is the case, then take Big_Dave's advice, and get some Verbatim discs.

Try some different media like Verbatim. You might want to consider using a DVD R/W disk until you can get things working correctly. Have you burned anything sucessfully to DVD using another problem like Imgburn (it's free)?

I have burned successfully with Imgburn with Maxnavox DVDs.

Bike, was your "burn" to an image file successful? Did the problem occur when you tried to burn that image file to a DVD?

If that is the case, then take Big_Dave's advice, and get some Verbatim discs.

I've tried to burn anything through ROXIO, there's no luck. Always stops at 97%.

Sorry,

I wrote image file, wrote files/folders to disc.

High fives to you for getting it to burn to the DVD, using Imgburn! Where did you hear about Imgburn? There are many of us who use that program, too.

Okay, that clears up a lot of the confusion, and you should have explained earlier, that you actually got the files "burned" to a Folder Set.

And, Verbatim media, as suggested by Big_Dave, is something you should explore as an alternative to using the Magnavox DVDs. Magnavox does not make media. Someone else makes it for them.