• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

steinr98

Cd Creator stops after burn-locks up computer

Question

When I use CD creator to burn a CD, it burns the files and then locks up the computer. I have to reboot to get the CD out, but the CD is fine- the files burned O.K.. Cd creator never finishes out...

Thanks-

3 answers to this question

You mean they finally pried EMC 8 from the cold clutches of your old PC??? :lol:

Creator 2010 is Suite with many, many burning programs in there, so a little more info might be helpful.

You can run a Repair option from Add/Remove Programs which might help.

When I use CD creator to burn a CD, it burns the files and then locks up the computer. I have to reboot to get the CD out, but the CD is fine- the files burned O.K.. Cd creator never finishes out...

Thanks-

I am having a similar problem. I am burning an ISO disk image and Roxio will randomly lock up after burning a disk. I can sometimes get multiple disks burned, but eventually Roxio locks up. I can force it closed, but it will not run again until I reboot the computer.

I am running a Dell Precision 390 with 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Let me know what additional information you may need. Oh! and I am running Roxio Creator 2010 Pro, and I have updated it with SP2.

Slow down your burn speed. 4x ~ 8x (dvd) will give you better compatibility across players and will also resolve the end of burn lockup. I have never had a problem with cd's but a slower burn speed may help with cd's also.

Edited by barryware