I can't upgrade to Windows 7 until I uninstall Sonic Studio DLA. It won't let me and I have tried everything to delete/uninstall it. But it will not be removed. Does anybody have an answer?

I can't upgrade to Windows 7 until I uninstall Sonic Studio DLA. It won't let me and I have tried everything to delete/uninstall it. But it will not be removed. Does anybody have an answer?

Go here, http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000075GN and see if whatever version of Roxio you have is supported in Windows 7.

If an attempt to upgrade to Windows 7 told you that you need to uninstall DLA, what warning or error messages did you get, please? Else how do you know you have to uninstall it?

What name/version of Sonic programs did you install DLA with? It might come to the position where you have to take it apart to uninstall it, and I can better advise you if I can duplicate your install and see what drivers are in there.

Does DLA or its parent suite show any entries in Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs? Have you tried removing the parent Sonic software?

Regards,

Brendon

If an attempt to upgrade to Windows 7 told you that you need to uninstall DLA, what warning or error messages did you get, please? Else how do you know you have to uninstall it?

What name/version of Sonic programs did you install DLA with? It might come to the position where you have to take it apart to uninstall it, and I can better advise you if I can duplicate your install and see what drivers are in there.

Does DLA or its parent suite show any entries in Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs? Have you tried removing the parent Sonic software?

Regards,

Brendon

I was trying to install the Windows 7 upgrade and the compatibility report says I cannot proceed until I remove Sonic Studio DLA. I have already uninstalled every Roxio/Sonic/etc. Sonic Studio DLA does appear in the add/remove programs, but when I try to uninstall it, nothing happens.

Thank you, Coinjam. I guess you must have an older version or else the Compatibility reporter is wrong again, since I have the latest Drag 2 Disc [which is mostly DLA] working fine in Windows 7.

Would you try disabling DLA using MSConfig - go to the "Startup" tab and un-check DLA, then restart Windows - to see if that will let you uninstall it once DLA isn't actually loaded.

If that doesn't work, I'm told that using the Revo Uninstaller to remove "that stubborn stain" stands a pretty good chance of working.

Finally, if that doesn't work come back to me and tell me what Sonic/Roxio program installed DLA, and I'll try to get a copy of it so I can install it and see what it puts on your hard drive. Manual removal is laborious but should work as a last resort.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you, Coinjam. I guess you must have an older version or else the Compatibility reporter is wrong again, since I have the latest Drag 2 Disc [which is mostly DLA] working fine in Windows 7.

Would you try disabling DLA using MSConfig - go to the "Startup" tab and un-check DLA, then restart Windows - to see if that will let you uninstall it once DLA isn't actually loaded.

If that doesn't work, I'm told that using the Revo Uninstaller to remove "that stubborn stain" stands a pretty good chance of working.

Finally, if that doesn't work come back to me and tell me what Sonic/Roxio program installed DLA, and I'll try to get a copy of it so I can install it and see what it puts on your hard drive. Manual removal is laborious but should work as a last resort.

Regards,

Brendon

It does not appear in the startup menu under msconfig. I already tried that. But I will try the Revo uninstaller. Thanks.

It does not appear in the startup menu under msconfig. I already tried that. But I will try the Revo uninstaller. Thanks.

Brendan, thank you. The Revo uninstaller worked. Thank you very much.