Maurizio G

MPEG 2 activation failed

Question

Hi everybody,

i have read all the posts about this argument but the procedure it's not clear to me. Some time ago i changed my video card and then all worked correctly. At a certain moment (i have EMC 9 suite) videovawe and my DVD didn't work anymore, telling me that i had to upgrade my videocard because it didn't satisfy the minimum requirements (i installed the ATI 4870 x 2, so this message is very strange).

So i updated the driver of the videocard, but i received the same error. I unistalled EMC 9 and i reinstalled it. Opening videowave i received a request to activate the mpeg2 codec. The auto procedure didn't work. So i turned off my modem, following the instruction of the manual activation procedure. The problem is that the window of the offline activation doesn't come out, so i am unable to receive the 25 digit code shown in orange.

What have i to do?

Thanks for your support

13 answers to this question

Search this forms for an answer that you may not like.

Hi Everyone. I have a very similar problem to Maurizio except I have not changed my video HW. I have recently updated my video drivers, and this could be it. I have not used EMC9 for some time and today when I tried, I got the "need to activate Mpeg2 Codec" message. Proceeded as asked and got a "bad product key" message. Uninstalled and reinstalled EMC9 and update pack (RoxioEMCSuitev9.1Updater_1Z26QZS0RU3.exe) with no problems on my product key. Exact same problem after re-install. I have searched the forum and can't find the "answer I may not like".

FYI Video is on-board Nvidia Nforce 610I.

HELP!

Thanks

I just found the various solutions here in the forum and will try. Will let you know what happens!

Good solution :) Since i bought Roxio Creator 2010, for the moment i won't try to make another clean uninstall/reinstall because i don't want to have problems with my system registry, anyway i think that in these cases it should be easy to reactivate a product. Not all the users are so experts to make these kind of operations, even if guided.

Yes, the problem is that the windows relative to the offline activation doesn't come out, even turning off the modem, as i wrote in the first post. So, if the automatic procedure doesn't work, if the manual procedure can't be done, for that i have understood the only thing remained is to reinstall EMC9 with a clean procedure, hoping that then the automatic procedure works. Is it so or is there another way to access to the offline activation to receive the 25 digit code?

What OS are you now running? When you were running the program before had you updated to EMC 9.1? Do you still have the update program that you downloaded on your computer? You can try that. Since EMC 9 is a hertiage program and no longer supported, the update is no longer on the server.

I don't think i have the update to 9.1

It think to remember that before to uninstall and reinstall it the program was updated but i am not sure, i have to check. Usually i disable some applications at start, to make the pc faster and so that it doesn't conflict with my acquire video card drivers, a little sensibles with some others applications. Matrox advises to disable in msconfig all that is not so necessary. So sometimes i am not advised by the programs if updated are available. I will check if i have somewhere the update pack. If i don't have it is there some way to get this update? I would be happy to try if it works in this way for sure.

Thank so much!

Maurizo - As Firenhancer suggested, try 9.1. Be sure to temporarily disable all start up items in msconfig before installing. It's possible the new drivers may have confused, C9 and the resinstall will associate the new information properly.

Rjz - let us know how the suggestions work.

If possible, we'd like to updater the article sknis referenced for other customers. Not to keen on recommending the Clean Install until you have exhausted all the options above. However, if we run into a brick wall, it maybe the best viable option.

Jon

It's ok :) I updated to the EMC 9.1 and now the mpeg2 codecs have been enabled again in automatic, i can use MyDVD and videowave exporting a mpeg2 file, but.... I tried to export a little mpeg2 file with videowave and it was encoded properly. Anyway, opening the window where the file was placed the system gave me a protection error, telling me the resource explorer has been closed due to the computer protection. Opening that file with media player, another error telling that the additional plugins was disabled always to guarantee the protection.

Effectively it was the same cause using Roxio Creator 10. I converted an HD video file in mpeg2, it was converted without problems, but when i played it with mediaplayer, after a while that i was seeing the video, i received the protection error, and since this time i was unable to play mpeg2 files with Windows media player 11.

Now i have the problem that when i open the window in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\Video where videovawe places my exported files, the window is closed. So i guess i have to modify the protection settings of my Windows XP professional SP3, but i don't know which is the proper value to change inside Windows Firewall.

simple 'quick' fix to the Windows firewall is simply turn it off while you do the activation and then turn it back on immediately after. Once the application is activated, it stays activated

simple 'quick' fix to the Windows firewall is simply turn it off while you do the activation and then turn it back on immediately after. Once the application is activated, it stays activated

I tried to disable windows firewall, as suggested, but with no result. Another, nvidia activearmor firewall is active and i don't know how to disable it. The strange is that exporting mpeg2 files with other applications i don't receive these type of protection error. In the past this occoured me when i created DIVx files, same protection error, but with mpeg2 files it's the first time.... When i didn't have Creator 2010 but only EMC 9 suite, i didn't receive this error. Something has to be happened in my machine.