Hi-8 camcorder to DVD

dragonwood8

Question

Hello,

I'm a real newbie to this sort of technology and am unsure how to go about a little project I need to tackle.

I have a Hi-8 video that I made on my camcorder. I would like to transfer it to a DVD. It is a rather important interview, and I need to make sure it is done properly. Is this something I can do with Roxio, or should I send it out and have it done profesionally?

I already have Roxio on my computer, and if I can do it myself I would prefer to. The cost to have it profesionally done looks to be about $175.

I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks very much.

dragonwood8

5 answers to this question

"Lost Another One To Ditech" :) Good Reply Jess. Using an internal capture card or an external capture device is what's needed for that type of camcorder. I have been using Dazzle's "Digital Video Creator 150" for all this type of capture and and also from a VCR when needed. I haven't had a Hi-8 video camera for ages now. so haven't used my Dazzle for a long time now. But I still use it to capture from other devices.

Frank....

I moved this thread.Figured you might get more response in the Video forum.I'm not as good at this as others but I believe you should be able to import the video and then use MyDVD to make the DVD.

Gary,Bruce,anybody..a little help here please.

Hello,

I'm a real newbie to this sort of technology and am unsure how to go about a little project I need to tackle.

I have a Hi-8 video that I made on my camcorder. I would like to transfer it to a DVD. It is a rather important interview, and I need to make sure it is done properly. Is this something I can do with Roxio, or should I send it out and have it done profesionally?

I already have Roxio on my computer, and if I can do it myself I would prefer to. The cost to have it profesionally done looks to be about $175.

I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks very much.

dragonwood8

You did not say if you're under tight time constraint and I assume it will be your first EMC8 project. Your first concern is importing the camcorder video to the PC.

Hi-8 camcorder has analogue output connectors (RCA) -- two for audio and one for video. I am not familiar with video card that allows you to capture from your camcorder to PC. I have a device that captures analog camcorder video to mpg-format file. If you do a search in this forum, some users have luck using the Dazzle DVC90 capture device but others have issues with it. There are other external devices that do video capturing; you may want to search the internet. Also, you have to choose the external device (if this is the route you take) depending on whether you have firewire or USB connection.

Once you have the video file on your hard drive, then that is the file you work on using VideoWave -- an application in EMC8. This is where you do your editing of the video--creating credit, text, sound, transition, add still images, etc. The finished project is then brought in to MyDVD--this is where you create your DVD menu and burn image. Finally, the Disc Copier application is used to burn the video image onto the DVD disc.

Good luck!

Archived