Restore file

Apan

Question

I am running Creator 8 for Back-up.

I restored a project to access an archived file. The project files was restored at the same place. I see all the the sub-directories without any files. The property of the project files says there are 173 files of capacity 160 MB.

How do I make the individual files visible and workable?

An early response will be highly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I have used Backup myPC option. I had earlier used just Back up and from that I could recover the files. I have started using Backup myPC since 2008 and this is the first time I tried to recover.

I can see in the Backup folder MyBackup 00001, 00002, etc files. I tried to open those files directly. The system asked for Creator 8 Disk. After I inserted the disk - the system came up with communication failure.

I then tried with Retrieve from Backup home page. That is when I have all the sub directories of a Project Folder without any files in the sub Directory. The files are compressed. As I said before, the Property of the folder telss me how many and what total capacity of the folder.

I recently deleted project files from my working Drive, with the believe that I have the Back-up files in weekly Back-up folder. I hope I have not lost my all old files.

Sorry I could not get back to earlier. I could not get internet connection to the site.

I have used Backup myPC option. I had earlier used just Back up and from that I could recover the files. I have started using Backup myPC since 2008 and this is the first time I tried to recover.

I can see in the Backup folder MyBackup 00001, 00002, etc files. I tried to open those files directly. The system asked for Creator 8 Disk. After I inserted the disk - the system came up with communication failure.

I then tried with Retrieve from Backup home page. That is when I have all the sub directories of a Project Folder without any files in the sub Directory. The files are compressed. As I said before, the Property of the folder telss me how many and what total capacity of the folder.

I recently deleted project files from my working Drive, with the believe that I have the Back-up files in weekly Back-up folder. I hope I have not lost my all old files.

Sorry I could not get back to earlier. I could not get internet connection to the site.

I would expect Retrieve to issue an error message, but it sounds as though the actual files are not there!

The file/folder structure you see in Retrieve is merely A Picture it took when the project was made. In no way is it the actual files that are in the Set!

post-39730-1264617069.jpg

We all have to learn some things the hard way. With Backup programs, you always save and test projects before you ever trust them with anything you value.

Personally I don't use any of them anymore. I burn things onto CD's and DVD or just copy folders onto an external HDD and store that HDD away. (got 5 of them in my cabinet right now)