• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I am recording my dj mixes with easy lp to mp3. I am experiencing a high pitch hum when I play back the recording. I tried using some of the roxio tools, but can't make it go away. Basically, out of my master out on mixer, I run the roxio cables to the usb on my hard drive. I have xlr cables going to my 204 sound enhancer, and from the 204, to my self powered speaker. I also have an external effects box hooked up to mixer. My questions are, can bad rca cables make the hum? Should I run my wires more uniform instead of hanging together and crossing over each other? I have a dell which is about 4 years old - I can hear the hard drive running all the time while it is on. Could this be the noise I'm hearing. I only hear the hum when the music is low, or a pause.

I am recording my dj mixes with easy lp to mp3. I am experiencing a high pitch hum when I play back the recording. I tried using some of the roxio tools, but can't make it go away. Basically, out of my master out on mixer, I run the roxio cables to the usb on my hard drive. I have xlr cables going to my 204 sound enhancer, and from the 204, to my self powered speaker. I also have an external effects box hooked up to mixer. My questions are, can bad rca cables make the hum? Should I run my wires more uniform instead of hanging together and crossing over each other? I have a dell which is about 4 years old - I can hear the hard drive running all the time while it is on. Could this be the noise I'm hearing. I only hear the hum when the music is low, or a pause.

I'll assume instead of "hard drive" (in the bold section) you mean, PC? And your mixer has a USB connector on it? Or are you connecting using a "Y" cable with a pair of RCA plugs at one end, and a stereo 1/8" plug at the other? We need to know which connection you're using first, USB, or analog audio into your sound card. (Not sure what you mean by "Roxio cables".)

Or possibly you're connecting through the little black Roxio USB capture device?

Let us know, and we can go from there.