Converting DVD Piece to CD recording

bbaillie

Question

8 answers to this question

In the convert window choose Audio Files. Drag in the movie. Click the red button and choose your audio-only export setting.

I went to Convert Window selected the Audio Files will not take the selected TiVo Recording "because it is an unsupported format". In the Convert did you mean Music DVD setting? An additional problem when I try to edit this show down to a few select performances. The audio does not match the video. For example, I have about 4:20 of Video but the audio playing is from the beginning of the Show.

I went to Convert Window selected the Audio Files will not take the selected TiVo Recording "because it is an unsupported format". In the Convert did you mean Music DVD setting? An additional problem when I try to edit this show down to a few select performances. The audio does not match the video. For example, I have about 4:20 of Video but the audio playing is from the beginning of the Show.

I was mistaken in my previous post. I've gone through the process and now know how to do it. To export an audio-only clip from a video file follow these steps:

1. Choose Video files as the format in the Convert window (not the Video window).

2. Add your video and click the red button to enter the Player Setup window.

3. Choose QuickTime Movie as the "device." Click the Change... button.

4. In the window that appears uncheck the box next to Video. Click the Settings button in the Audio section. Choose Linear PCM as the Format. Click OK and then click Okay to return to the Player Setup window.

5. Click Convert.

When this is done you will have an audio-only .mov file. You can change the .mov extension to .aiff in the Finder. This is an uncompressed audio file in the format used on audio CDs. If you wanted an AAC file then you can select that instead of Linear PCM in step 4. In this case you can change the .mov extension to .m4a.

Okay followed all the steps to the Play Set Up Window. Under Device there is no

option for Quick Time Player. Just Apple TV IPhone, iTouch etc and other PC mobile

devices and video box devices. I am working with Toast 9 and a Mac G4 with 10.4.11.

Do I need to open Quick Time Player out of the dock and do something with it. Lost and

no clue what to do or where to go.

Okay followed all the steps to the Play Set Up Window. Under Device there is no

option for Quick Time Player. Just Apple TV IPhone, iTouch etc and other PC mobile

devices and video box devices. I am working with Toast 9 and a Mac G4 with 10.4.11.

Do I need to open Quick Time Player out of the dock and do something with it. Lost and

no clue what to do or where to go.

When I click on the Device popup there is a list of options in groups. There are groups for Apple Hardware, Video game systems, mobile devices and File formats. QuickTime Movie is the last (bottom) option in the File Formats group. I don't know why you aren't seeing the File formats group. It should be there.

Under the File Formats this is the complete lis:t No QuickTime. I am lost.

Do I have to go to some default setting and setup QuickTime? Really just guessing here

Thanks so much for you time. Can you also check out my other posting about edited Video

not matching audio track?

Divx Player

H 264 Player

MPEG-4 Player

Under the File Formats this is the complete lis:t No QuickTime. I am lost.

Do I have to go to some default setting and setup QuickTime? Really just guessing here

Thanks so much for you time. Can you also check out my other posting about edited Video

not matching audio track?

Divx Player

H 264 Player

MPEG-4 Player

I don't know why it's different between your Mac and mine. In addition to those three mine has Digital Video (DV), High-definition video (HDV) and QuickTime Movie. I don't think you need to do anything to "activate" those settings. I do have QuickTime Pro but that shouldn't be needed. I suggest downloading the latest Toast 9 update and doing a new installation. Before doing that you might trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>LIbrary>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. Maybe a corrupt preference file is the problem.

I don't know why it's different between your Mac and mine. In addition to those three mine has Digital Video (DV), High-definition video (HDV) and QuickTime Movie. I don't think you need to do anything to "activate" those settings. I do have QuickTime Pro but that shouldn't be needed. I suggest downloading the latest Toast 9 update and doing a new installation. Before doing that you might trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>LIbrary>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. Maybe a corrupt preference file is the problem.

I can not upgrade toast 9 because I run Mac OS 10.4.11.The new upgrade will not work with Tiger and because I use TiVo transfer so much I do not want to change the TiVo desktop software. Is there a relationship between DIV x player and Quicktime. So they somehow work together?