• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

re-sequencing photos.

milroy

Question

After placing pictures in a folder, in the desired sequence, how do I re-assign a new name and re-sequence them.

Example:

I have several pictures with different names and numbers, how do I rename the first picture, and make the rest sequencial.

To:

Vacation0001.jpeg-Vacation0050.jpeg

Edited by milroy

7 answers to this question

After placing pictures in a folder, in the desired sequence, how do I re-assign a new name and re-sequence them.

Example:

I have several pictures with different names and numbers, how do I rename the first picture, and make the rest sequencial.

To:

Vacation0001.jpeg-Vacation0050.jpeg

Close. If you changed it to 0001Vacation.jpeg - 0050Vacation.jpeg, you should have it working as you want.

It runs numeric-alpha, rather than alpha-numeric.

Lynn

Close. If you changed it to 0001Vacation.jpeg - 0050Vacation.jpeg, you should have it working as you want.

It runs numeric-alpha, rather than alpha-numeric.

Lynn

Lynn,

Thanks, also, I'm not familiar with this program.

Where should I be in the program to accomplish this task?

The pics have to be imported right?

I do remember seeing this subject, but have forgotten where........

There was something about a folder, then assigning names (numerical/alpha) to the pics?

At your convenience, would you consider providing step-by-step insructions?

I know that this is a bit of "hand holding" but I would be greatful.

Thanks again,

Gerry

Lynn,

Thanks, also, I'm not familiar with this program.

Where should I be in the program to accomplish this task?

The pics have to be imported right?

I do remember seeing this subject, but have forgotten where........

There was something about a folder, then assigning names (numerical/alpha) to the pics?

At your convenience, would you consider providing step-by-step insructions?

I know that this is a bit of "hand holding" but I would be greatful.

Thanks again,

Gerry

Actually, you haven't told us what program. If you would let us know that, then it can be moved to the proper Forum, and someone familiar with it can help with the details.

The alphanumeric info is generic info.

Lynn

Actually, you haven't told us what program. If you would let us know that, then it can be moved to the proper Forum, and someone familiar with it can help with the details.

The alphanumeric info is generic info.

Lynn

Sorry Lynn,

It is Roxio Creator Premier SD 10.2.

And thank you,

Gerry

Let's take another track. Why do you want the video files to be renamed?

That will help in Media Manager in trying to keep them straight but programs like PhotoShow doesn't keep them in that order when you use them. I'm not really sure that VideoWave would keep the order either.

Have you looked at something like Picasa to keep the files organized? If you don't want to do that, you have to use Windows to do the renaming. Make sure you don't change the file extension. Picasa has a name tagging feature.

Let's take another track. Why do you want the video files to be renamed?

That will help in Media Manager in trying to keep them straight but programs like PhotoShow doesn't keep them in that order when you use them. I'm not really sure that VideoWave would keep the order either.

Have you looked at something like Picasa to keep the files organized? If you don't want to do that, you have to use Windows to do the renaming. Make sure you don't change the file extension. Picasa has a name tagging feature.

The reason is that when I download pics from our digital camera, they are of different non-sequencial jpeg #'s and are taken at different times and places.

I put them in a folder, I drag & drop them in a given sequence, but still in their original jpeg I.D.'s.

So, what I would like to do, is drag & drop them (reassign their location) in the folder, and assign sequensial jpeg #'s.

And unfortunately, I am not as computer literate as most folks, and need specific instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Edited by milroy

The reason is that when I download pics from our digital camera, they are of different non-sequencial jpeg #'s and are taken at different times and places.

I put them in a folder, I drag & drop them in a given sequence, but still in their original jpeg I.D.'s.

So, what I would like to do, is drag & drop them (reassign their location) in the folder, and assign sequensial jpeg #'s.

And unfortunately, I am not as computer literate as most folks, and need specific instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Are you looking for an automatic way of renaming them? I don't know of any way of doing that automatically. You may want to search via Google. Did you look at what Picasa would do for you?

You have to go back to what Lynn said at the start. The images have to be named with a sequential number. Drag then to the folder and right click on them. Select rename and add a three digit number to the front of the name. Make sure that Windows is set to not hide known extensions. You can get there by going to Windows "Folder" options.

Alternately, since the images are in the folders , you know what they are. You can simply rename them to 001.jpg, 002, jpg, etc.

Edited by sknis