digitize lp's&tapes

cdn1972

Question

I converted an old LP to an MP3 with Roxio last night but could not find how to auto seperate the music file. In settings there is a feature that allows you to set the time when nothing is being picked up. I assume that , means between songs on the LP so I set it real short 1 Second but when recording that side of the album it was still one big file. Is there another setting I am missing or do I still have to go split the album side MP3 file myself?

2 answers to this question

It's possible you are picking up surface noise from the track gap on the LP - that will make the program think there is no gap( the incoming audio is the cause)

You could try manually adding one at a time and pause play between tracks and see if that helps

In addition to what gi7OMY suggested, you could record the entire LP and then go to the Roxio "Sound Editor" program, add that file you just recorded and edit each of the audio files using the various Icon options (split; cut; fade etc.) to edit out only the single audio file you want then export it to a location on your computer.

Frank...