• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Popcorn delecte the zone?

estahle

Question

I live in guatemala, CA, and own over 100 DVD's for my grandchildren. However, I cannot play them in the car DVD player as it is not meant for region 1-USA- I believe we are zone 3... I want to copy them so that we can use them for long trips--they're TWINS!

Thanks,

Evelyn

Sorry I can't change the title of the postÑ

I need to change the REGION of the DVDs

2 answers to this question

The discs that Popcorn and Toast output are zone/region free... will play in any player.

However, you should note that most DVDs that are already zone/region coded are probably commercial DVDs that have copy protection. Neither Toast or Popcorn will remove any copy protection - they only work with discs without copy protection or with VIDEO_TS (DVD source material) that is on your hard disk.

Thanks! I just got some advice to use Mac the Ripper to remove the region number and then burn with Popcorn.

The discs that Popcorn and Toast output are zone/region free... will play in any player.

However, you should note that most DVDs that are already zone/region coded are probably commercial DVDs that have copy protection. Neither Toast or Popcorn will remove any copy protection - they only work with discs without copy protection or with VIDEO_TS (DVD source material) that is on your hard disk.

Archived