Playback

boongsong

Question

This topic is similar to another. I imported video clips from my camccorder browser using Edit Video (advanced). When the clips did not import in the sqequence they were recorded, I rearranged them in the proper sequence. Then I applied "blend" transitions, and saved the production with a name other than Production 1. At that time, I went to the top bar and clicked on Output, clicked on dvd and everything went to My DVD. When My DVD opened, there was a backkground already there so I went ahead and entered the title of the production. I then clicked on preview and all looked good so I clicked the Red button. On the next page I clicked the Burn to disc button, then Burn. I was using a Sony DVD+RW (because previous trys resulted in many wasted DVDs). When it was completed I took the dvd and placed it into my Sony CD/DVD player and when I pushed Play, the tv screen immediately said "cannot play this disc". I'm not sure what file ext was encoded as I'm not a "nerd" in these types of things. I'm very new and the only reason I purchased Creator is I believed it would guide me as to how to create a movie and not just video clips. FYI - here is what I used to try and make my movie. (It is a new computer)

HP Pavilion Slimline using Windows 7

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250

RAM: 4.00 GB Graphics: NVDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Gaming Graphics 1919MB

Hard disk: 585GB

64 bit system

Disk partition: 2GB free (11gb total)

Media ddrive:CD/DVD

Dedicated graphics memory: 256MB

Edited by boongsong

11 answers to this question

Ever use paragraphs??? :lol:

Put the DVD in your PC and open CinePlayer. (Enjoy-Play Movies) — does it Play?

In the Home app, with the DVD in your drive, click on Tools – Get disc info… What does it say about the disc?

I put it in CinePlayer and What I got was the original background, a small square (apprx 2" x 2") of video along with my title and no sound.

When I clicked on tools and disk data here's what it showed:

DVD+RW open DVD-Video erasable (my DVD)

Session 1 01- data track Start 0 Length 2060 MB

Edited by boongsong

Yes, but you can't rely on Creator 2010's Tools > Get Disc Information with rewriteable discs.

Here's one I wrote with Creator 2010 a couple of minutes ago. CDSpeed says it's closed, Windows says it has 2.55 GB of VOBs on it, and it plays on the settop box.

However, Get Disc Information says it's open, and has only 19.5 MB of files on it.

post-208-1264887138.jpg

post-208-1264887047.jpg

post-208-1264887026.jpg

So unfortunately, the question is still wide open.

Edited by Brendon

I haven't seen a DVD player that will play an "opened" DVD. Your DVD needs to be "Closed" or "Finalized" before it will work in your DVD player. I have a newer Panasonic DVD/CD/Blu-ray player and it's emphatic about the media being "Finalized".

That's what I was wondering. I had an idea that it should have been finalized but didn't see any link any where to do that. Being so new to this can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked in the Help section and the User Guide and I haven't been able to find anything referring to finalizing. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

That's what I was wondering. I had an idea that it should have been finalized but didn't see any link any where to do that. Being so new to this can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked in the Help section and the User Guide and I haven't been able to find anything referring to finalizing. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Video DVDs are automatically finalized, there is no user action required.

If yours is not closed then you did not create a video DVD but a data DVD which cannot be played on a DVD player.

It appears that some DVD players will play DVD R/W disks that are open and some will not. Different disk media software will read the same R/W disk as open, closed or appendable. And just when you think you have a fix on the issue a change, enhancement, patch or update comes along and the playing field has again changed. When you burn a video DVD+R or DVD-R will Roxio, the media should get "closed" or "finalized" automatically. It not, then a problem has occurred someplace.

R/W media is designed to be left open so that you can use it again or add to it. It therefore makes good "test" media. The manual for your particular model of Sony DVD player should document which types of media are acceptable.

Edited by Big_Dave

It appears that some DVD players will play DVD R/W disks that are open and some will not. Different disk media software will read the same R/W disk as open, closed or appendable. And just when you think you have a fix on the issue a change, enhancement, patch or update comes along and the playing field has again changed. When you burn a video DVD+R or DVD-R will Roxio, the media should get "closed" or "finalized" automatically. It not, then a problem has occurred someplace.

R/W media is designed to be left open so that you can use it again or add to it. It therefore makes good "test" media. The manual for your particular model of Sony DVD player should document which types of media are acceptable.

I have a JVC XV FA 95 set top DVD player that won't play any RW media DVD or CD, a DVD +R DL disc has to have the Book Type Bit Setting changed to DVD-Rom to play the disc. Then I have a Phillips DVP 3140 player that will play anything Video_ts folder thrown on a disc as data not finalized, you name it.

RW media was designed to erase and re-use, if your using it for testing, it can be closed/finalized just like -R +R media in any DVD Author Software....

cd

Yes, but you can't rely on Creator 2010's Tools > Get Disc Information with rewriteable discs.

Here's one I wrote with Creator 2010 a couple of minutes ago. CDSpeed says it's closed, Windows says it has 2.55 GB of VOBs on it, and it plays on the settop box.

However, Get Disc Information says it's open, and has only 19.5 MB of files on it.

post-208-1264887138.jpg

post-208-1264887047.jpg

post-208-1264887026.jpg

So unfortunately, the question is still wide open.

Hi, can you show steps how to get disc info. My +RW is nor working on DVD player with TV