• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Best Quality DVD

John1012

Question

I converted about 20 Hi8 videos to DVD HQ. Each videos is about 2 hours long and about 7.5 GB. I want to burn these files to DVD.

How can I get the best quality DVD? I have a computer with a 8X DVD-R burner and another with a 16X DVD+/-R burner. Will either one be better?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I converted about 20 Hi8 videos to DVD HQ. Each videos is about 2 hours long and about 7.5 GB. I want to burn these files to DVD.

How can I get the best quality DVD? I have a computer with a 8X DVD-R burner and another with a 16X DVD+/-R burner. Will either one be better?

Thanks in advance.

Which burner you use will make no difference to your quality.

A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold about 60 minutes of video at best quality. So that means you will have to split your 2 hour videos into 2 and burn to 2 DVDs.

Which burner you use will make no difference to your quality.

A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold about 60 minutes of video at best quality. So that means you will have to split your 2 hour videos into 2 and burn to 2 DVDs.

If I use a Dual Layer DVD for a 2 hour video (7.5 GB file), will the quality be better?

Thanks.

If I use a Dual Layer DVD for a 2 hour video (7.5 GB file), will the quality be better?

Thanks.

Compared to what? Quality has nothing to do with using DL or standard DVDs. It all depends on the time length of the video you are putting on the discs.

If you compare the 2hr movie on a DL to a 2 hr movie on a standard DVD then of course the quality on the DL will be better. After all the video has to be compressed twice as much and you lose quality on the standard DVD.

If you compare to two 60 minute standard DVDs then the quality will be identical if not even a slight bit better on the standard. A DL DVD can hold less then 2 hours of best quality video so for a DV there will be some compression. For the two standard DVDs there will no compression.