• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tweaking the results of the panorama maker

JoGRaM

Question

I am using the panorama maker in Roxio Creator 2010, and generally it works just fine. My issue is that once I continue with the final step of stitching the photos together, I can't go back and tweak the results without redoing the entire process of loading the images and having it 'auto align' them first.

It seems to be a program error of some sort as I can go back to the alignment stage, but the images aren't in the same location and none of the images are transparent. No error messages or anything, just a major inconvenience. As a side note, I've noticed this problem occurring in 2009 as well.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a potential fix?

5 answers to this question

I am using the panorama maker in Roxio Creator 2010, and generally it works just fine. My issue is that once I continue with the final step of stitching the photos together, I can't go back and tweak the results without redoing the entire process of loading the images and having it 'auto align' them first.

It seems to be a program error of some sort as I can go back to the alignment stage, but the images aren't in the same location and none of the images are transparent. No error messages or anything, just a major inconvenience. As a side note, I've noticed this problem occurring in 2009 as well.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a potential fix?

You will have to explain a bit better where you think there is a problem or a bug. Obviously once you have "done" the final step there is no going back.

Here is my process step by step:

1) uploading images

*click next button*

2) aligning images (this works fine at this stage)

*click next button*

3) photo is stitched and the results are displayed

*click back button*

Now this is where the later versions of the panorama maker mess up. It used to be that you could go back and tweak the image locations and focal length to obtain a better result. In 2010 (as well as 2009), however, the images are not in the same overlapping positions and they are no longer transparent when you go back. I am hoping there is a way to correct this, as windows 7 does not support the older versions of the software.

Here is my process step by step:

1) uploading images

*click next button*

2) aligning images (this works fine at this stage)

*click next button*

3) photo is stitched and the results are displayed

*click back button*

Now this is where the later versions of the panorama maker mess up. It used to be that you could go back and tweak the image locations and focal length to obtain a better result. In 2010 (as well as 2009), however, the images are not in the same overlapping positions and they are no longer transparent when you go back. I am hoping there is a way to correct this, as windows 7 does not support the older versions of the software.

I have no problem going back to teak the image locations and focal length, also the images are in the same overlapping locations and still transparent. So the software still works correctly ... at least in Vista. Since I don't have Windows 7, I can't comment on that. Perhaps someone else can make some tests.

BTW, C2009 is not compatible with Windows 7.

Edited by myguggi

I have no problem going back to teak the image locations and focal length, also the images are in the same overlapping locations and still transparent. So the software still works correctly ... at least in Vista. Since I don't have Windows 7, I can't comment on that. Perhaps someone else can make some tests.

BTW, C2009 is not compatible with Windows 7.

Thanks for checking, that is reassuring that perhaps I just have some setting wrong. I'll look into it, but if anyone has any tips they'd be appreciated!

Are there options for the panorama maker? I have looked around, but I'm not finding any sort of preferences related to panoramas.

I just find it strange that I would have this problem using 2009 back when I had win XP, encounter it again with 2010 on win 7, and yet there is no problem with 2010 on vista. Could this be hardware related? This brand new laptop should have plenty of memory/space, but I am at a loss here.