• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

sound editor

thill7316

Question

12 answers to this question

I have EMCS 9 I use to convert wav to mp3's with sound editor. Now I can't even find it Can someone please help me.... how do I open the sound editor??? When I add a song it doesn't say edit anywhere I think I'm going crazy!!!

thanks Tina

Find it? Is it Sound Editor or is it how to convert?

It has been awhile since I had EMC 9 on my computer but if I remember correctly, after you've added the audio files, you can EXPORT the Tracks or Clips to the format of your choice. That is one of the ways you can do it in later versions. There should also be a standalone application that will do that also.

Thats just it, I can't find where it even says to export it :unsure:

I tried to uninstall it and now I just have a huge mess,it won't let me uninstall some parts of it and when I try to reinstall it it says I have to uninstll those certain things to reintall. I don't know its just a complete mess!!! Is there a way to cleanly uninstall and reinstall?

thanks

Yes. These are the instructions. Print them and keep them by your computer while you do it. Caution, you do need to do some Registry Editing so be careful. Make the backup as described and don't do anything that is not in the instructions.

If you are feeling a little worried about editing your registry, make a restore point on your computer then use Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Mode to remove the program. Prepare your computer for reinstalling the software and try to reinstall after that.

Thats just it, I can't find where it even says to export it :unsure:

I tried to uninstall it and now I just have a huge mess,it won't let me uninstall some parts of it and when I try to reinstall it it says I have to uninstll those certain things to reintall. I don't know its just a complete mess!!! Is there a way to cleanly uninstall and reinstall?

thanks

You need to do the clean install, as Steve said.

Here is what you should see when you click on the desktop icon, then on Applications. Sound Editor is the 2nd from the bottom, under Applications.

post-81-1264947657.jpg

To export, you click on File/Export .... As...

post-81-1264947681.jpg

Edited by grandpabruce

Tina, where did you get the version you have on your computer? It may be a cut down version of the program considered to be an OEM version and may not have Sound Editor.

If you got it free on your computer or with a piece of computer hardware, then you probably have an OEM version. When I first read your post, I ignored the "s" when you posted that you have EMCS 9. Where did the "s" come from?

Well I used this handy little tool and got rid of it- http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-menu-in-vista/

I also got rid of a trial version of MS Office.

I had to reinstall my Blackberry software which also comes with a Roxio media center. do you think that's what screwed up my EMC9ds?

I have not tried to reinstall yet. :unsure: