• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

snuba Kauai

Separate Problems

Question

I spent quite a while on the phone with tech support because there were a couple projects that I would export into MyDVD from VideoWave editing and during the encoding process, the small window that shows the video being endcoded was blank but the progress bar would continue. No error messages were received. After the burn, the menu would come up but only audio of the project played and TV was white when video should be playing. This has happened a few times. After being put on hold a few times and asked if all drivers were updated (they were) there was no resolution to the problem. I redid the editing from the beginning and tried again. This time it worked. I was told the problem would be researched and IF any answers were found, they would be emailed today. I guess no answers were found.

The video worked fine in the preview but would not encode I also have a problem getting a 80004005 error when trying to create an image file of a project. When I try to work on with an avchd project, many time I will have videowave stop working and have to close.

I upgraded from Creator 2009 ( which I bought last August when I started using a Sony HD camera) to Creator 2010 Pro when I upgraded to Windows 7. I was hoping that would eliminate the frustrations of 2009. I was using adobe premiere before the HD upgrade and rarely had a problem there. I must say, I have not been impressed with my Creator experience. I might need to look for a more user friendly HD editing program.

10 answers to this question

I spent quite a while on the phone with tech support because there were a couple projects that I would export into MyDVD from VideoWave editing and during the encoding process, the small window that shows the video being endcoded was blank but the progress bar would continue. No error messages were received. After the burn, the menu would come up but only audio of the project played and TV was white when video should be playing. This has happened a few times. After being put on hold a few times and asked if all drivers were updated (they were) there was no resolution to the problem. I redid the editing from the beginning and tried again. This time it worked. I was told the problem would be researched and IF any answers were found, they would be emailed today. I guess no answers were found.

The video worked fine in the preview but would not encode I also have a problem getting a 80004005 error when trying to create an image file of a project. When I try to work on with an avchd project, many time I will have videowave stop working and have to close.

I upgraded from Creator 2009 ( which I bought last August when I started using a Sony HD camera) to Creator 2010 Pro when I upgraded to Windows 7. I was hoping that would eliminate the frustrations of 2009. I was using adobe premiere before the HD upgrade and rarely had a problem there. I must say, I have not been impressed with my Creator experience. I might need to look for a more user friendly HD editing program.

I am curious, one search link for your camcorder mentioned it was PAL. Is that what yours is?

The camera I use is the sony hdr-xr200. It is an HD AVCHD camcorder. It is a NTSC camera (or at least it should be). Just today I was playing vidoe of my grand daughter's t-ball game in videowave edit program and it stopped working (videowave not responding). I am hoping I can find a resolution to all these little annoyances. The errors don't happen all the time but frequent enough to cause frustration.

The camera I use is the sony hdr-xr200. It is an HD AVCHD camcorder. It is a NTSC camera (or at least it should be). Just today I was playing vidoe of my grand daughter's t-ball game in videowave edit program and it stopped working (videowave not responding). I am hoping I can find a resolution to all these little annoyances. The errors don't happen all the time but frequent enough to cause frustration.

Here are a couple of things you can try…

The 80004005 errror is related to your video card. I see there is an update for that card and the 64 bit driver that was issued last week – Here

I could not locate your card specifically, but that link apples to 64 bit OS and the 5000 family. Download and install that First!

Then reboot then go into Add/Remove Programs, select the Roxio Suite and run the Repair option.

I am hoping the driver update will eliminate the error message and blank video whereas the Repair might help the program crashing.

Please don't post in someone else's Topic even if symptoms are similar. You don't even have the same PC/Video Card/Camcorder and aren't even dealing with the same type of files.

I was a little dyslexic on the video card. It is an ATI hd 4350 not a 5340. I fixed the error in the signature. I updated the driver a couple days ago but will try the repair option. I opened the uninstall program in the control panel but only have "roxio creator 2010 pro" and "roxio creator 2010 content" options. Do either one of those contain the repair?

Edited by snuba Kauai

I was a little dyslexic on the video card. It is an ATI hd 4350 not a 5340. I fixed the error in the signature. I updated the driver a couple days ago but will try the repair option. I opened the uninstall program in the control panel but only have "roxio creator 2010 pro" and "roxio creator 2010 content" options. Do either one of those contain the repair?

Yes Roxio Creator 2010 Pro will show Repair when you persist a little:

(these are XP but Vista will be the same)

post-39730-1265024272.jpg

post-39730-1265024288.jpg

More than likely your Video Card Drivers are up to date. Won't hurt to check ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I tried the repair process and the program is looking for the BurnMgr.msi file. I inserted the disk that I have Pro copied onto and from which I reloaded the program but it couldn't find the file when I did a search. Can the file be located somewhere else?

I tried the repair process and the program is looking for the BurnMgr.msi file. I inserted the disk that I have Pro copied onto and from which I reloaded the program but it couldn't find the file when I did a search. Can the file be located somewhere else?

Just start the normal install from the disc you have. It will see the current install and offer to Repair.

Try it that way.

I do get the repair option but it hangs trying to find the BurnMgr.msi file. This happens whether I use add/remove program or installing from the disk. I contacted customer support and they asked me to do a clean install again which I did. Small files seem to burn fine (1 gb) but large files (4gb cause an encoding error whether I choose hardware or software as the encoder). The most recent call today had me email the msinfo32 file to them so they could take a look.

Will let you know what their solution is.

I do get the repair option but it hangs trying to find the BurnMgr.msi file. This happens whether I use add/remove program or installing from the disk. I contacted customer support and they asked me to do a clean install again which I did. Small files seem to burn fine (1 gb) but large files (4gb cause an encoding error whether I choose hardware or software as the encoder). The most recent call today had me email the msinfo32 file to them so they could take a look.

Will let you know what their solution is.

What do you mean by this " Small files seem to burn fine (1 gb) but large files (4gb cause an encoding error"? Are you trying to create the files on a FAT32 drive? In that case, the program will crash/hang since a FAT32 drive cannot accept files > 4GB.

I have underwater video which average 10 minutes in length and are under 1gb in size that usually will burn to disk just fine after editing. I have soccer videos which are about an hour that almost always gives me error messages in the encoding phase. The hard drives that I have are all NTSF drives with over 300 gb available. Does that help clarify the comments?