• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Donald Canard

Back On Track vs Back On Track3 Suite

Question

What does Back on Track 3 Suite offer that the module included in Roxio 2010 does not? Is there a trial version of the suite available for comparison?

What has been your experience with either of these for routine file backup to an external hard drive?

2 answers to this question

What does Back on Track 3 Suite offer that the module included in Roxio 2010 does not? Is there a trial version of the suite available for comparison?

What has been your experience with either of these for routine file backup to an external hard drive?

1) Consider BOT in Roxio 2010 a lite version of the software.

2) No

3) I have limited experience and use a different back up program. I know that several others do also. That is not a reflection on the software; just a preference.

Consider BOT in Roxio 2010 a lite version of the software.

I've given it a try for the last couple of weeks and it apears stable and reliable in performing the required tasks. The only drawback is the inability to scedule the events. Events take place based on the time they were first created, so if I created a task at 1pm, and require the task to ru daily, it will run at 1pm each day. There does not seem to be a way to modify that setting.

But based on a head to head comparison with Acronis (trial version) I gave up on Acronis and found the Roxio module to be more reliable.

Is there any discount incentive for registered users to purchase the full suite?