How to move Creator 2009 from one computer to another.

Caleb Hart

Question

I bought Roxio Creator 2009 from Dell.com back in July of 2009 and installed it on my Dell Studio laptop(which I also had Dell custom build). I want to move it to a desktop computer that I built to handle all my tasks faster. I find that I'm always wishing I had it on my desktop instead of my laptop. So what I would like to know is: Does anyone know how to just uninstall it from my laptop and install it from the disk on my desktop? I would really appreciate it if someone who has had this same problem, and solved it could tell me what to do.

Edited by Caleb Hart

2 answers to this question

Is the version you bought from Dell a OEM version? If it is it has to stay with the original PC. Otherwise, uninstall it from one PC and install it on the other.

Go to the Control Panel -> Programs -> find Roxio and uninstall it. You do have it (Roxio program) on external media, right?

Edited by Big_Dave

Does anyone know how to just uninstall it from my laptop and install it from the disk on my desktop?.

If you don't have an installer CD and you're asking if it's possible to somehow move the installation from one hard drive to another, I'm afraid it's not.