dvd-rw will play on cheap dvd player, but not on tv one?

carolgyrl1

Question

I finally got a dvd made, I hade to make it an iso file, first, save it, then burn a dvd, when I tried to them both, save an iso file, and burn, it would not encode the movie one( a one minute mini movie file) The dvd does play n my cheap portable dvd player, but when I try to get it to play on my good dvd playeToshiba, it loads to 100 % but then immerdiately stops. the dvd is an dvd-rw, but it must have finalized, or it would not play ona dvd player. It also plays on the roxio ciniplayer on my computer. What is up? :unsure::unsure: I did update graphics, audio driver, and firmware, and did a disk defragmenter, before this.

12 answers to this question

I finally got a dvd made, I hade to make it an iso file, first, save it, then burn a dvd, when I tried to them both, save an iso file, and burn, it would not encode the movie one( a one minute mini movie file) The dvd does play n my cheap portable dvd player, but when I try to get it to play on my good dvd playeToshiba, it loads to 100 % but then immerdiately stops. the dvd is an dvd-rw, but it must have finalized, or it would not play ona dvd player. It also plays on the roxio ciniplayer on my computer. What is up? :unsure::unsure: I did update graphics, audio driver, and firmware, and did a disk defragmenter, before this.

yes, i did check the dvd, it was finalized, of course.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that where cheap players will handle anything you feed into them, the top end ones won't

Only suggestion is a different brand of disc (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden) and also maybe switch from -R to +R

Again - RW discs are also problematic, especially in good quality machines.

In case you're wondering why - cheap machines use a basic generic PC DVD ROM drive - better class ones have their own ones built for the machine itself

Not for video on top-end machines unfortunately Walt. They're fine for a test burn to play on the computer but feed them into a top quality player and it moans (that's been my experience anyway)

Edited by gi7omy

Most DVD recording have Video_TS and Audio_TS, and when making copies the Audio_TS is taken out by the program and only have the Video_TS and most DVD players will not play without the Audio_TS it will show an error. The Audio_TS is en empty folder for future use, does any one know how to place the Audio_TS folder on the DVD using EMC 10 Suite, without going to MYDVD creating a project

Most DVD recording have Video_TS and Audio_TS, and when making copies the Audio_TS is taken out by the program and only have the Video_TS and most DVD players will not play without the Audio_TS it will show an error. The Audio_TS is en empty folder for future use, does any one know how to place the Audio_TS folder on the DVD using EMC 10 Suite, without going to MYDVD creating a project

Actually, very, very, very few Players need the AUDIO_TS folder.

Since the AUDIO_TS was a part of the "Standard" that was never fulfilled, most manufactures dropped the need from their firmware years ago.

I can't speak for the old "EMC 10" you mentioned but Creator 2010 will copy that empty folder if it exists (Copy Disc) otherwise ONLY Burn Data Disc will properly Author a DVD Movie directly from Folders and allow you to add or create the empty AUDIO_TS folder…

Actually, very, very, very few Players need the AUDIO_TS folder.

Since the AUDIO_TS was a part of the "Standard" that was never fulfilled, most manufactures dropped the need from their firmware years ago.

I can't speak for the old "EMC 10" you mentioned but Creator 2010 will copy that empty folder if it exists (Copy Disc) otherwise ONLY Burn Data Disc will properly Author a DVD Movie directly from Folders and allow you to add or create the empty AUDIO_TS folder…

"part of the standard that was never fulfilled"?? :unsure:

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.12

[1.12] What about music on DVD: DVD-Audio and SACD?

Note: Don't confuse DVD-Audio with DVD-Music (see 1.12.1).

When DVD was released in 1996 there was no DVD-Audio format, although the audio capabilities of DVD-Video far surpassed CD. The DVD Forum sought additional input from the music industry before defining the DVD-Audio format. A draft standard was released by the DVD Forum's Working Group 4 (WG4) in January 1998, and version 0.9 was released in July. The final DVD-Audio 1.0 specification (minus copy protection) was approved in February 1999 and released in March, but products were delayed in part by the slow process of selecting copy protection features (encryption and watermarking), with complications introduced by the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI). The scheduled October 1999 release was further delayed until mid 2000, ostensibly because of concerns caused by the CSS crack (see 4.8), but also because the hardware wasn't quite ready, production tools weren't up to snuff, and there was lackluster support from music labels. Pioneer released the first DVD-Audio players (without copy protection support) in Japan in late 1999.

[1.12.1] What's the difference between DVD-Audio discs and DVD-Music discs?

DVD-Music isn't actually an official DVD format, but it has become a commonly used name for a DVD-Video disc that contains primarily music. A DVD-Music disc plays in any standard DVD player with video or still pictures that accompany the audio. As explained in 1.12, a DVD-Audio disc contains special high-fidelity audio tracks that can only be played in DVD-Audio players.

post-97-1267715030.jpg

post-97-1267715057.jpg

cd