• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2010 Update error (mine or theirs?)

staz

Question

I just installed Creator 2010 and on first startup, the program said there was an important update to download/install. I chose download but didn't realize, until it was too late, that it was downloading to my DVD drive (impossible; there wasn't even a writeable disk in the drive). But the program was quite happy to end without any warnings. The only problem was that the download didn't happen. Unfortunately, the option to try downloading it again has disappeared.

I then exited the program and re-entered. This time the program just started up without any update notice. I tried checking for updates but the feedback was that there were no updates for the program. Well, since I have not yet installed the necessary update, I find this a little difficult to believe!?

I then went to Roxio to look for the update and found only the SP1 update. But the note said this program is for existing users only. That's funny; does this mean it is necessary to tell non-users of Creator 2010 that this update is not for them? Am I mis-reading the message; isn't that what "update" means? But checking for updates from the program gives me a no update available message; going directly to Roxio, and here's this SP1 update. So, is this for me or isn't it? How do I know?

Hoping for a reset, I shut down my computer, re-started and tried again. Nothing; the update message has disappeared. I guess you only get one chance at it.

What bothers me is that I thought the original update message was for a file of 60Mb and this SP1 file is only 16Mb. I don't want to try installing this SP1 update, if there's a risk it is not intended for my version.

My version: 1.2.193; 5.0.0.0 .... Build: 121B93A, R03; 500B22A, R03.

So, my questions are:

Is the SP1 update file for this version?

Does anyone know if the SP1 update and the update notice I received on startup refer to the same update?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I just installed Creator 2010 and on first startup, the program said there was an important update to download/install. I chose download but didn't realize, until it was too late, that it was downloading to my DVD drive (impossible; there wasn't even a writeable disk in the drive). But the program was quite happy to end without any warnings. The only problem was that the download didn't happen. Unfortunately, the option to try downloading it again has disappeared.

I then exited the program and re-entered. This time the program just started up without any update notice. I tried checking for updates but the feedback was that there were no updates for the program. Well, since I have not yet installed the necessary update, I find this a little difficult to believe!?

I then went to Roxio to look for the update and found only the SP1 update. But the note said this program is for existing users only. That's funny; does this mean it is necessary to tell non-users of Creator 2010 that this update is not for them? Am I mis-reading the message; isn't that what "update" means? But checking for updates from the program gives me a no update available message; going directly to Roxio, and here's this SP1 update. So, is this for me or isn't it? How do I know?

Hoping for a reset, I shut down my computer, re-started and tried again. Nothing; the update message has disappeared. I guess you only get one chance at it.

What bothers me is that I thought the original update message was for a file of 60Mb and this SP1 file is only 16Mb. I don't want to try installing this SP1 update, if there's a risk it is not intended for my version.

My version: 1.2.193; 5.0.0.0 .... Build: 121B93A, R03; 500B22A, R03.

So, my questions are:

Is the SP1 update file for this version?

Does anyone know if the SP1 update and the update notice I received on startup refer to the same update?

Thanks.

Yes that SP1 update is for C2010, that is why its located under the Creator 2010 heading. Its size is 16.068 MB