isuspm.exe missing

cs1

Question

Recently, every time I boot up Windows Installer runs ISUSPM.EXE and says it's a Roxio issue. The only way I can stop it from cycling over and over (clicking 'cancel' doesn't stop it) is to go into Task Manager and shut the app down.

BTW, I tried to install service pack 1 and it can't find Roxio on my system even though it's install'd

CS

16 answers to this question

Your ISUSPM.EXE is located in (use your installation drive letter in place of my 'J') J:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\11

It's Roxio's (Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect) update manager. Try un-checking, Under Tools, Preferences, Check for Updates at Start of Application.....

post-97-1265035772.jpg

Up top on the Home Page, click Help, About This Software. If SP1 is listed in the version #, it came with your Software..

Please don't post your 'Serial Number'..

post-97-1265034552.jpg

post-97-1265034547.jpg

cd

Unfortunately, that option was already unchecked. Besides, the issue appears on bootup, without even opening Roxio.

Thank you for your attention anyway,

CS

Run the repair option, add remove programs for C2010, it will look like it's going to uninstall it then choose the repair option...

cd

Add Remove Programs (on XP platform) only offers "Modify" or "Remove" and Modify simply offers a checkbox of various features that will only remove a check'd function or leave it alone if unchecked. There is no "Repair" feature, unfortunately.

Add Remove Programs (on XP platform) only offers "Modify" or "Remove" and Modify simply offers a checkbox of various features that will only remove a check'd function or leave it alone if unchecked. There is no "Repair" feature, unfortunately.

Are you sure that you have Creator 2010? It appears that you have Easy Media Creator 10.

If you do have Roxio Creator 2010 (make sure) clicking modify or remove a installer box should run and show the repair option...

cd

If you do have Roxio Creator 2010 (make sure) clicking modify or remove a installer box should run and show the repair option...

cd

I have Creator 10 Suite, and XP's add/remove launches Roxio installer which, as I said, only offers "modify" or "remove." "repair" isn't an option.

CS

I have Creator 10 Suite, and XP's add/remove launches Roxio installer which, as I said, only offers "modify" or "remove." "repair" isn't an option.

CS

You posted in C2010 forum!

My Easy Media Creator 10 had this, it is a full retail bought version..Did yours come with your PC?

post-97-1265047653.jpg

cd

I can't upload an image jpg apparently of my screen, but as I said, I get choice of modify or remove. that's it. I'm aware that "repair" is sometimes an option with add/remove - but it ain't there. If you want to see a screen shot, let me know how to insert it and I will - or just take my word for it.

CS

I can't upload an image jpg apparently of my screen, but as I said, I get choice of modify or remove. that's it. I'm aware that "repair" is sometimes an option with add/remove - but it ain't there. If you want to see a screen shot, let me know how to insert it and I will - or just take my word for it.

CS

Like I asked before, did this version come with your PC???

cs1's screen shot..

post-97-1265059723.jpg

cd

Edited by cdanteek

No, I purchased Creator 10 Suite disks and then downloaded and installed 10.1.226, the upgrade.

CS

Don't know what to make of it!

My screen shot says, Easy Media Creator 10 Suite, yours doesn't say anything?? :unsure:

Now you have me thinking, was my screen shot before the update?

Did the update remove the repair?

cd

Edited by cdanteek

Are you able to post first 3 lines of file - History.bld (opened in notepad) in the root of the installation disc.

Is my original installation disk infor going to be valid when I downloaded and installed the creator 10 upgrade?

CS

Is my original installation disk infor going to be valid when I downloaded and installed the creator 10 upgrade?

CS

I'm not understanding the question?

Did you check your version # before installing the update?

Is this what you downloaded and updated?

Support > Easy Media Creator 10 > Software Updates

Update Easy Media Creator 10 ver. 10.1.226 (Build : 112B62A, R03)For existing Easy Media Creator 10 users only. This update/download does not offer any new features.

Please read before downloading:

You must own a valid copy of the full, retail version of Easy Media Creator 10. If you did not purchase a retail copy, this update will not work for any other version of Easy Media Creator.

Your current copy of Easy Media Creator 10 may already be up-to-date. Open the application and go to Help -> About... to see if you already have this build installed before downloading.

During the install, your existing installed copy of Easy Media Creator 10 will be replaced with the updated version and prompt you to input the CD Key provided with your original purchased copy. If you need help locating your CD Key, please go here.

This update is available in two separate downloads: the program installer (approximately 747 MB) and the content installer (764 MB). A broadband Internet connection (e.g. DSL, or cable) is recommended for downloading.

Note: The content installer is not mandatory to update your software. However, you must download the program installer to use the content.

Program: RoxioEasyMediaCreator10.1_FA80AA50R13.exe (747 mb) - Download

Content: RoxioEMC10ContentCD_3833BA50SQA.exe (764 mb) - Download

cd

I'm not understanding the question?

Did you check your version # before installing the update?

Is this what you downloaded and updated?

cd

The installation disk - the original package I bought - has these lines in the HISTORY.BLD FILE:

EMC_100_MPI

100B37A

R03

as I wrote previously, my computer now runs an updated version (via free download from Roxio to version: 10.1.226) so I don't know if that affects the current history.bld for that version.

thanks,

CS