VideoWave 12 (Creator 2010) Runtime Error

arvee07

Question

I upgraded to Windows 7 last fall, and when I started having run time errors with VideoWave 11 (Creator 2009) my investigation showed that there were incompatibilities with Creator 2009 and Windows 7. I therefore purchased and downloaded the Creator 2010 upgrade, expecting this to solve the problem. To my total frustration, the problem continues with the new version.

I am trying to create a slideshow with VideoWave, consisting of about 650 .jpg images. The images loaded into VideoWave OK, but when I try to save ("save as") the project I receive the message "Microsoft Visual C++ Error- Run Time Error- Program C:\Program Files\Roxio 2010\VideoUI12\VideoWave12.exe - abnormal program termination" and the program closes down. When checking this forum, I see many people are experiencing run time errors, but I can't find a reasonable solution for my problem from these messages. I have used earlier versions of VideoWave to create slideshows for years without problems (including the Creator 2009 version with Windows Vista).

I noticed something that may be significant: After Creator 2010 shut down, my CPU usage continued unusually high, due to a process called "VCGProxyFileManager12.exe" which I suspect is a Roxio process (the "12" in the name gives this away). This has me stumped.

Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I upgraded to Windows 7 last fall, and when I started having run time errors with VideoWave 11 (Creator 2009) my investigation showed that there were incompatibilities with Creator 2009 and Windows 7. I therefore purchased and downloaded the Creator 2010 upgrade, expecting this to solve the problem. To my total frustration, the problem continues with the new version.

I am trying to create a slideshow with VideoWave, consisting of about 650 .jpg images. The images loaded into VideoWave OK, but when I try to save ("save as") the project I receive the message "Microsoft Visual C++ Error- Run Time Error- Program C:\Program Files\Roxio 2010\VideoUI12\VideoWave12.exe - abnormal program termination" and the program closes down. When checking this forum, I see many people are experiencing run time errors, but I can't find a reasonable solution for my problem from these messages. I have used earlier versions of VideoWave to create slideshows for years without problems (including the Creator 2009 version with Windows Vista).

I noticed something that may be significant: After Creator 2010 shut down, my CPU usage continued unusually high, due to a process called "VCGProxyFileManager12.exe" which I suspect is a Roxio process (the "12" in the name gives this away). This has me stumped.

Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated.

I, myself just had this experience last night, to me my first time with almost the same issue. I have a one month old Dell xps9000, great machine, running windows 7 Ultimate, I can't get past "launching" mydvd though. I get the runtime error,

I sent roxio support an email this a,.m., no reply yet. Please someone help us both

Add/Remove Programs:

post-39730-1265134833.jpg

post-39730-1265134842.jpg

post-39730-1265134850.jpg

Jim

Repair doesn't work, probably because I downloaded the program (rather than purchas the installation disk), and the file is actually one large zipped .exe file. Can you suggest how I can unzip the file without starting an install? Or will I have to uninstall and then re-install to do this?

Just unzip with winrart or winzip (it's a self-extract exe). Save that to a folder and run setup from there

I've done a Repair, but the problem continues to exist when I do a "Save As". Interestingly, I discovered that a "Save" only works fine. That does limit my save options (i.e. location and file name) but for the time being that will have to do. This appears to be a software bug.

I've done a Repair, but the problem continues to exist when I do a "Save As". Interestingly, I discovered that a "Save" only works fine. That does limit my save options (i.e. location and file name) but for the time being that will have to do. This appears to be a software bug.

Hoping the Repair would get it, but looks like the Clean Install is going to be needed: Vista/Win7

Hoping the Repair would get it, but looks like the Clean Install is going to be needed: Vista/Win7

Well, I've done an uninstall and a clean re-install, but the problem persists. Although the error message does not now pop up immediately when I press "Save" it does as soon as I try to switch to another directory. The error message also pops up when I try to do an "Open Production".

Any other ideas?

arvee, I have win 7 ultimate, new 6 week old dell xps9000, I went to my uninstall options, uninstalled 4 roxio program related items, rebooted after each, uninstalled roxio 2010 and contents roxio 2010, reinstalled creator 2010 and made a test run of a dvd movie, It appears to be the fix.