Audio not working

Rome Milan

Question

I've turned in several tickets to Roxio requiring why the device is not recording audio on my DVD transfers. There has been "No" personal tech help. I do receive a response that they have suggested several remedies. All of the steps have been done to help with the sound issue including reloading Windows, newest drivers, reloading Roxio VHS to DVD software, trying known good audio and video cables. I have two Roxio Easy VHS to DVD devices and niether are copying sound. Each time I want to discuss the issue, the automated system asks me to start a new ticket. It is getting ridiculus. What is my next step?

Someone Pleas help!

Write to: edit email...

Edited by cdanteek

2 answers to this question

I've turned in several tickets to Roxio requiring why the device is not recording audio on my DVD transfers. There has been "No" personal tech help. I do receive a response that they have suggested several remedies. All of the steps have been done to help with the sound issue including reloading Windows, newest drivers, reloading Roxio VHS to DVD software, trying known good audio and video cables. I have two Roxio Easy VHS to DVD devices and niether are copying sound. Each time I want to discuss the issue, the automated system asks me to start a new ticket. It is getting ridiculus. What is my next step?

Someone Pleas help!

Does your boxed version have Windows 7 compatible logo on it?

What operating system are you running and what Service Packs are applied?

If you open the program up top Help, About This Software, post the Version and Build #'s?

Are you using Media Import and what is the source?

Does your Options Screen look like this and what are your Audio settings?

post-97-1265125234.jpg

cd

Someone Pleas help!

Hi Rome -

I reviewed your tickets and it seems there was a miscommunication. I apologize for that. I have let the agent manager know.

In addition to cd's questions, please also describe how you are connecting - down to the colors on your VCR to Easy VHS to DVD. Is it stereo or mono? Are you connecting the white (left chanel audio), red (right channel audio) on your VCR tot her appropriate cables on the EAsy VHS ot DVD device? Sounds silly, but a common mistake we need ot get out of the way as well.

Also, have you checked your Windows Mixer settings (speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen) and set the input for the capture device?

D'oh: just saw CD mentioned the windows audio control - still waking up over here ;^)

Let us know,

Jon