• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

spikenomore

Slide Show crashes

Question

I have installed & used EMC 9 on 3PCs. The first 2 worked just fine. It was working fine on the third one until last week. I installed on a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop running Windows XP SP3 (I haven't the courage to move to Vista or 7) about a month ago. My wife was adding photos to a slide show which she has done many times before. Suddenly, the PC did a hard crash (blue screen of death). She has tried this about 4 times now starting over each time. We can open the application just fine, but when we select one of the files to open, it crashes again. Everytime to the blue screen of death. She has made many slide shows that were larger on our previous PCs without any problem. So why are we having this problem on the Dell Inspiron 530? I have ordered the latest version of Roxio Creator 2010. Will that solve my problem? Or, do I need a new video graphics card or something?

2 answers to this question

I have installed & used EMC 9 on 3PCs. The first 2 worked just fine. It was working fine on the third one until last week. I installed on a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop running Windows XP SP3 (I haven't the courage to move to Vista or 7) about a month ago. My wife was adding photos to a slide show which she has done many times before. Suddenly, the PC did a hard crash (blue screen of death). She has tried this about 4 times now starting over each time. We can open the application just fine, but when we select one of the files to open, it crashes again. Everytime to the blue screen of death. She has made many slide shows that were larger on our previous PCs without any problem. So why are we having this problem on the Dell Inspiron 530? I have ordered the latest version of Roxio Creator 2010. Will that solve my problem? Or, do I need a new video graphics card or something?

On 3 PCs. I hope not at the same time.

Ignoring that, open Video Wave and go to the top menu and select tools, then options and then put a dot near software. The issue you describe is usually seen with underpowered video card/chip with videos and not images.

I don't like to try to fix computer problems by throwing money at a newer vrsion of a software package that crashes your computer. First, try to undate the video drivers for that chip from the Dell site. If that doesn't work, You may want to read this. What happens for games may also happen for video editing.

Edited by sknis

On 3 PCs. I hope not at the same time.

Ignoring that, open Video Wave and go to the top menu and select tools, then options and then put a dot near software. The issue you describe is usually seen with underpowered video card/chip with videos and not images.

I don't like to try to fix computer problems by throwing money at a newer vrsion of a software package that crashes your computer. First, try to undate the video drivers for that chip from the Dell site. If that doesn't work, You may want to read this. What happens for games may also happen for video editing.

No, not at the same time. Retire one & install it on the newer one.

I tried updating the video driver, but no luck. Thanks for the tips. I will try them when I get home.