pas101

problem with Windows 7

Question

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7. I downloaded and installed MyDVD 10 which I had on my Windows XP system. Everything seemed fine until I tried to import video. Then I got this message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again,or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Roxio MyDVD Premier.msi' in the box below.

I installed the MyDVD 10.1 Premier update and have the same problem. Anyone have any advice?

13 answers to this question

I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7. I downloaded and installed MyDVD 10 which I had on my Windows XP system. Everything seemed fine until I tried to import video. Then I got this message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again,or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Roxio MyDVD Premier.msi' in the box below.

I installed the MyDVD 10.1 Premier update and have the same problem. Anyone have any advice?

Most likely the myDVD 10 version you have is not compatible with Windows 7.

This KnowledgeBase Article will show you which Roxio software is compatible with Windows 7, and which software has been adapted to work with Windows 7.

If you want an upgraded version you'll have to buy it, as they're not free.

This seems to be an inadequate answer. I have Windows 7 as well and would hope that an answer would say something other than"maybe it is not compatible". That's not an answer.

Why bother to answer with something so "maybe"? If MyDVD 10 insn't labeled as windows 7 compatable, I'll eat an entire goat in one sitting.

Most likely the myDVD 10 version you have is not compatible with Windows 7.

Why bother to answer with something so "maybe"? If MyDVD 10 insn't labeled as windows 7 compatable, I'll eat an entire goat in one sitting.

Don't come here to argue with the volunteers, Norm.

You didn't start this topic, you just horned in on the original poster. If you want to start an argument, start your own topic please.

There are two versions of My DVD 10 out there - the original one which isn't Windows 7 compatible and the UPDATED one which is Windows 7 compatible. Therefore it's quite logical for Myguggi to suggest that perhaps Pas101 has the original version rather than Windows 7 updated one [which is NOT FREE]

I can thoroughly recommend the curried goat. We had it when we were visiting Fiji.

Other software companies offer free updates for programs when you change to a new operating system, so what is wrong with Roxio?

Maybe we should then stay away from Roxio programs?

Some other companies offer free things when you change your Operating System. Many other companies don't.

I ran into the same problem. I bought a windows 7 machine and was able to download MyDVD10 Premier (I had originally bought it for my XP machine). It would work but but constantly popped up a window looking for a file. Clicking cancel repeatedly made the pop up go away and the program then worked fine.

The problem got worse so I deleted the program (dumb move on my part) and tried to download it again. I was told I could no longer do so. What's with that?

Operating systems change. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a vendor should support their product for such changes. I really like Roxio's products but I'm hesitant to buy any more if they won't be compatible with the inevitable changes in operating systems.

I ran into the same problem. I bought a windows 7 machine and was able to download MyDVD10 Premier (I had originally bought it for my XP machine). It would work but but constantly popped up a window looking for a file. Clicking cancel repeatedly made the pop up go away and the program then worked fine.

The problem got worse so I deleted the program (dumb move on my part) and tried to download it again. I was told I could no longer do so. What's with that?

Operating systems change. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a vendor should support their product for such changes. I really like Roxio's products but I'm hesitant to buy any more if they won't be compatible with the inevitable changes in operating systems.

When did you buy and download MyDVD10 Premier? Is it a W-7 compatible version?

Did you purchase a backup CD or burn the download to a CD?

How to re-download software,

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...0GN&PARAMS=

cd

Thanks for the prompt response! I don't recall when I bought it. I know I had earlier purchased a Sonic program and then the Roxio one. The latter one was before Windows 7 was introduced. Yes I did pay for a downloadable backup CD but Windows 7 won't load it.

I downloaded the update in December (but with the problems state above). When I tried to download it again I was told I could no longer do so. If that's the case, than I have to accept Roxio's policies but I can't fathom why they would do that. I can't speak for other customers but it would discourage me from buying their products in the future.

Edited by patmoore

Thanks for the prompt response! I don't recall when I bought it. I know I had earlier purchased a Sonic program and then the Roxio one. The latter one was before Windows 7 was introduced. Yes I did pay for a downloadable backup CD but Windows 7 won't load it.

I downloaded the update in December (but with the problems state above). When I tried to download it again I was told I could no longer do so. If that's the case, than I have to accept Roxio's policies but I can't fathom why they would do that. I can't speak for other customers but it would discourage me from buying their products in the future.

If you bought the Roxio program before W7 was introduced then it will not work with W7. You will have to contact Customer Service to see if you can get a w7 compatibe version

I have five versions of Nero and tons of other software that won't work in Windows 7!

Do I blame Nero and the other software companys?

I was the one that choose to upgrade my operating system to Windows 7.

My legacy operating systems Vista, XP, and W98 SE work fine with the old software...

cd