burn multiple dvd copies?

kramermit

Question

i know in other dvd burners you can choose to make...lets say 3 copies of a dvd.. so when you go to burn the movie will analyze and ready the file, then it will burn it.. and this process takes about 2-3 hours. Once the first copy is done more copies can be made and each one only takes about 30 minutes.

is there any way to do this with roxio?

9 answers to this question

i know in other dvd burners you can choose to make...lets say 3 copies of a dvd.. so when you go to burn the movie will analyze and ready the file, then it will burn it.. and this process takes about 2-3 hours. Once the first copy is done more copies can be made and each one only takes about 30 minutes.

is there any way to do this with roxio?

In Roxio C2010 and even older programs, when you go to burn your DVD and want to make multiple copies, I suggest that rather than burn to a disk, burn the DVD to an ISO file to your harddrive. Once that is done you don't have to go through all the steps you would have to, burning to disk.

Frank...

but if i burn an iso file to a dvd like you said, will the movie still work in a normal dvd player??

As Walt has advised you don't burn the ISO file directly to a DVD. Once you have burned the ISO file to your HD, open up the program "Creator Classic" and use the option there to burn the iSO file to a DVD. Hope that helps explain a bit better.

Frank...

sorry,, let me clarify,, when you choose to "burn" the movie as an .iso file to your HD there is an option, under "target media" you can choose either "-R DL" or "+R DL" and when i googled them i didn't find anything relating to movies, burning or iso files.

so i was just wondering what the difference between the two is?

Whichever one works best in your player really. All drives nowadays can handle either format

When you burn from iso it doesn't really matter - it's an 'image' file. Think of it as a 'zip' container and when you put in the blank, it transfers the content across.