• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Opinions Please

dukedempsey

I hope is ok to ask this here. Its not related to any Roxio applications so I wasn't sure where to post.

I have a HP Pavilion HDX9300 Notebook with the MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 optical drive.

I had no problems burning DVD's until now. However I can still burn CD's and I have no problems playing BD/DVD/CDs. I made no major changes to the OS before this occured. Ive tried burning with several different applications and all fail to burn DVD's.

I have done the uninstall/re-install of software and hardware/drivers and my system is up to date on everything.

I installed a Linux OS to a USB stick. I booted the laptop off that, ran the installed burning application and burning failed again.

I get the same errors with multiple OS's and multiple Software Applications.

Windows/ImgBurn > 12:37:28 Close Track Failed! - Reason: Unable to Recover TOC

Ubuntu/BraseroBurn > :-[ CLOSE DISC failed with SK=3h/UNABLE TO RECOVER TABLE-OF-CONTENTS]:

Wouldn't this definitly be a hardware failure? I don't see as it could be anything else. But Im a backhoe operator not a High Tech Wiz. I have a external burner ordered that should be here today. If that works (fingers crossed), wouldn't that absolutly, positively, *guaranfriggin'T its the hardware?

Opinions or Suggestions Most Welcome, and again my apoligies if I posted in the work place.

Thanks for looking, Rick

* not sure of the spelling