• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Output quality Slider

The Turtle

Question

I used the Roxio USB interface to record about 51 minutes of VHS video. It ended up as about 11 Gigs.

When I first outputed it to a DVD it defaulted to less than maximum quality and I burned a DVD. It used about 2.9 Gig. Then I decided to go for maximun quality and I moved the slider to the Maximum setting. The response was that I was going to produce a 4.4 Gig disk. It came in the same at 2.9. I wanted the higher quality.

Questions:

1. What gives, if it says it's going to produce a higher quality DVD, why not?

2. If I go for the money to get a double-layered DVD burner, will it make a difference in my output or will it just burn 2.9 gig?

I'm a new user and confused.

The Turtle

2 answers to this question

I used the Roxio USB interface to record about 51 minutes of VHS video. It ended up as about 11 Gigs.

When I first outputed it to a DVD it defaulted to less than maximum quality and I burned a DVD. It used about 2.9 Gig. Then I decided to go for maximun quality and I moved the slider to the Maximum setting. The response was that I was going to produce a 4.4 Gig disk. It came in the same at 2.9. I wanted the higher quality.

Questions:

1. What gives, if it says it's going to produce a higher quality DVD, why not?

2. If I go for the money to get a double-layered DVD burner, will it make a difference in my output or will it just burn 2.9 gig?

I'm a new user and confused.

The Turtle

IN myDVD , set the quality to HQ.

I have no idea what you mean by "moved the slider to the Maximum setting". Where is this slider setting?

File size is a completely useless when it comes to Video!

The length of your file is all that counts. Of course the "size" is reduce when rendered into a DVD Movie complaint format…

I am guessing the 'Slider' you are referring to Video Copy & Convert???

If you expand the Options button you can see what the Data Rate is.

post-39730-1265286015.jpg

8K to 9K is as good as it gets. It won't make you capture file better, but if you capture in HQ, it won't make it worse :lol: