Roxio attempts to install everytime I right click any folder on my computer

BWarriner

Question

I downloaded EMC10 several months ago, did a clean install and it had worked fine since then. As of a couple of days ago, I had not used Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite in several months and I accidentally clicked on the desktop icon and immediately cancelled/closed it down. Since then, everytime I right click on any folder on my desktop (say, My Documents or 'Shared Documents') and want to 'explore' the folder, instead, I get a dialoge box stating that it is attempting to configure and install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. I can cancel out the dialogue box, it eventually closes down, then the normal panel appears immediately aftewards. Any suggestions on how to disable the installation process everytime I right click on any folders on my computer? Since I downloaded it off the internet, so I don't have a installation disk.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3

Norton Corporate Edition 9

LavaSoft Ad-Aware 8.1.4

Edited by BWarriner

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the info. I have performed a complete uninstall of EMC10 suite and the issue is resolved. I'm thinking of upgrading to a newer version rather than reinstallation. Which version should I upgrade to (I suppose it would be Creator 2010?), and is there any sort of upgrade option vs outright purchase of the new version and will the latest version include all of the previous apps?

Edited by BWarriner

Thanks for the info. I have performed a complete uninstall of EMC10 suite and the issue is resolved. I'm thinking of upgrading to a newer version rather than reinstallation. Which version should I upgrade to (I suppose it would be Creator 2010?), and is there any sort of upgrade option vs outright purchase of the new version and will the latest version include all of the previous apps?

1) Projects from earlier versions are no usable in the latest versions.

2) Computer requirements for the new versions are more stringent.

3) It is almost better to forget anything you know about EMC 10 before learning to run Creator 2010.

4) Go here and make your own decisions. Yes, there is a discount and if you buy from Roxio's web site you have 30 days to return the product to get your $$ back if it doesn't work or you don't like it.

Edited by sknis