• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying to CD

ricorocks

Question

Hi,

How do i get creator classic to accept more than one copying session. Example i copied 10 mb of Quicken backup files to a new un-used cd. After copying with creator classic, the disk would not accept any other data. It's almost like the disk was finalized. Looked all over options, & selected burn then more options there was no check mark for, I believe the only tickable item (from burn more options).

Help, as windows CD wizard is broken.

9 answers to this question

Hi Guys, This seems very cumbersome way to add additional files to a CD. Is ver. 8 ackward also.

When windows CD wizard (note it says Roxio, when you use it) you just copy as many times as you like, until you get the 'disk full' message.

Part of the troubleshooting (Windows CD Wizard) was to un-install Roxio 7, that did not help. So maybe I'll use that as an excuse to upgrade???

Thanks

rick

Hi Guys, This seems very cumbersome way to add additional files to a CD. Is ver. 8 ackward also.

When windows CD wizard (note it says Roxio, when you use it) you just copy as many times as you like, until you get the 'disk full' message.

Part of the troubleshooting (Windows CD Wizard) was to un-install Roxio 7, that did not help. So maybe I'll use that as an excuse to upgrade???

Thanks

rick

The Windows CD wizard is, like Classic Creator, a Sessions-based recording program. If you want to use that, fine. Altho it works like drag&drop Packet-Writing, it IS Sessions-based. As my software guru observed, Microsoft doesn't want to deal with the problems of Packet-Writing.

Just don't format the disc for Packet-Writing. The only thing it's good for is permantly losing files.

Lynn

Thanks

rick

What the heck is cumbersome about putting your disk in the drive and copying more data to it???????? It works great, and it is a no brainer. I don't understand your statement.

When you hit the burn button the first time did you uncheck "read only disc"?This is what lets you add on later.When you want to add data later you must first import the previous session and then add your new files.

Hi Guys,

GrandpaBruce wrote,

I don't understand your statement
. See post #1!

With Roxio 7 I copy files to a CD, If i try to add additional files to it (second copying session) Roxio 7 will not accept the new files, even thoug the disk has plenty of empty space. So the question is/was is ver 8 as cumbersome as 7.

What I would like to do is called multisession copying, as I've yet been able to do this I posted the question!

Lynn - Thank you for your comments, however, to me they are not helpful, to accomplish my goal, nor does it address the differences btwn 7 & 8 regarding - multisession

Thanks

rico

Hi Guys,

GrandpaBruce wrote, . See post #1!

With Roxio 7 I copy files to a CD, If i try to add additional files to it (second copying session) Roxio 7 will not accept the new files, even thoug the disk has plenty of empty space. So the question is/was is ver 8 as cumbersome as 7.

What I would like to do is called multisession copying, as I've yet been able to do this I posted the question!

Thanks

rico

I did read post 1. You need to read post 2. I know what you are trying to do, and I know what it is called. I do it all of the time. If you find it cumbersome, you are either doing something wrong when you try it, or you have already done something wrong when you burned the first session.

Make sure that you check what Terry suggested.

Archived