ISUSPM.EXE launches continuously

cs1

Question

Roxio Easy Creator Suite 10 has Win XP constantly launching loops looking for an MSP file. It recently began happening automatically at every bootup (something calld ISUSPM.exe was looping and had to be shut down manually). So I finally reinstalled Roxio Version: 10.1.226 and now a message box just keeps popping up with this Roxio related MSP search that jumps to the same old isuspm.exe issue.

This started without me even opening Roxio (last time was months before first incident of this looping nightmare.

CS

8 answers to this question

What is the error? ISUM is trying to repair itself. Did you follow clean install before re-installation? Try following

1. Run revo uninstaller to remove EMC 10

2. Re-install EMC10

I have no idea what you mean by "revo uninstaller." I used Windows add/remove from Control Panel then manually removed roxio folders from the Windows reg. files, and then removed Roxio folders from Documents & Settings. Does it go any deeper than that?

CS

I have no idea what you mean by "revo uninstaller." I used Windows add/remove from Control Panel then manually removed roxio folders from the Windows reg. files, and then removed Roxio folders from Documents & Settings. Does it go any deeper than that?

CS

Check the post by sknis here -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=60413

to read about revo uninstaller (page 3) and download it (click on the name).

Lynn

CS

Google "revo uninstaller"

Are you saying Google's program will do more than remove the program and refs in Reg File & Documents and Settings?

CS

It's not a Google program! They meant open Google and search for Revo Uninstaller..

Here is a link to there page... http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

They want you to choose 'Download Revo Uninstaller Free'

post-97-1265322175.jpg

cd

It's not a Google program! They meant open Google and search for Revo Uninstaller..

Here is a link to there page... http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

They want you to choose 'Download Revo Uninstaller Free'

post-97-1265322175.jpg

cd

Thanks, the uninstaller seems pretty awesome. Roxio, far less so, frankly. I uninstalled and reinstalled and we'll see if that ends the latest round of Roxio-related annoyances. Apart from the discussion groups, where people like you help, or at least TRY, I find Roxio indifferent to supporting it's products. No thorough manuals seem to exist anywhere - anytime I attempted to access their tech support was a frustrating and useless waste of time - the online tutorials Roxio offers are so scattershot and superficial they annoy more than explain. It always took so much time and effort to get rudimentary questions about usability answered that I never really used this program for anything other than rudimentary efforts. This is no reflection upon your efforts or the efforts of your discussion group peers.

Thank you for your help.

CS

PS - 24 hours later. Revo seems to have rooted out the problem. Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Edited by cs1

Great, that is a useful little program.

Here are two sets of videos that may help if you do get into more involved video editing. Click here and here. Sorry no home made videos on MyDVD but perhaps this will help. The only thing that I would suggest is to do all your video editing in Video wave (first two links( and never make any slide shows in My DVD; again, always use Video Wave.

Roxio My Moments also gives some good tips but they are updated frequently to highlight the latest software.

Edited by sknis