Can't get the audio to work on completed DVD

adamj_ut

Question

I have been capturing video and then using DVD Builder to create an SVCD. When I go to play back the SVCD, there is no audio associated with my video. I have tried opening up the captured .avi file and it too has no audio associated with it. What do you think could be the problem? I am clueless....

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
I have tried opening up the captured .avi file and it too has no audio associated with it. What do you think could be the problem? I am clueless....

Thanks

I noticed that you have no sound on your captured .avi file. That's where the problem started and you aren't going to be able to get sound since none was captured initially.

It's possible that something as simple as a loose firewire cable caused the sound not to be captured.

Can you try to capture a small portion of the video off your camcorder again? You need to find out if it was a one time error or your ability to capture sound from the camcorder is a continuing problem.

I captured the video with the Capture program that came with my Roxio program, and I didn't do any other work on the file prior to using Builder. Other AVI's that I have on my system play and sound just fine. I've tried burning it to disc, and I get no audio, whether I play it on my PC or in my DVD player. If I output the AVI to an MPEG file, the MPEG file has no sound either.

Have you tried capturing with Windows Movie Maker? If you don't get sound there then there is something wrong with your setup and/or hardware.

I have tried with Windows movie maker, and have tried with Ulead VideoStudio as well. Still no sound. Since I am able to get the video portion and not the audio, is the problem more likely to be with the camcorder itself rather than the firewire card or cable?

I have tried with Windows movie maker, and have tried with Ulead VideoStudio as well. Still no sound. Since I am able to get the video portion and not the audio, is the problem more likely to be with the camcorder itself rather than the firewire card or cable?

Perhaps you can run a test using a friends camcorder.

I have been capturing video and then using DVD Builder to create an SVCD. When I go to play back the SVCD, there is no audio associated with my video. I have tried opening up the captured .avi file and it too has no audio associated with it. What do you think could be the problem? I am clueless....

Thanks

From what did you capture the video? If from a DV camcorder did you use the Firewire connection? For video capture you have to use the Firewire connection. With USB you may only get video and distorted sound if any at all.

What program did you capture with?

Did you do any other work on the file before using it in Builder?

Do other AVI's that you have play OK?

Have you actually burned this one to disc to see what happens?

That is a lot of questions, but we are trying to get a feel for what is going on.

I captured the video with the Capture program that came with my Roxio program, and I didn't do any other work on the file prior to using Builder. Other AVI's that I have on my system play and sound just fine. I've tried burning it to disc, and I get no audio, whether I play it on my PC or in my DVD player. If I output the AVI to an MPEG file, the MPEG file has no sound either.

Archived