• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Potential Solution to Many Problems

Mark Wilson

Question

Forgive me for blasting onto the forum on my first post, claiming to know answers, because trust me, I don't. I have been scouring these posts this week trying to find a solution to my problem (posted in title) where the Capture Video function simply would not load. I tried multiple installs, clean installs, copying my Roxio Setup disc to hard drive, and still no properly functioning software. After these installs my Windows XP computer did recognize the Roxio Hardware (what you have plugged into your USB 2.0) which would turn out to be key.

Here was my solution: Just use Windows Movie Maker!!! It has it's own Capture Video function (under File) and works with the Roxio Hardware! Now you have all of your files digital, with audio, no problem. It took me a few test runs to get my levels right but I am much happier using this uncomplicated software to Capture. If you don't get too ambitious on picture quality the frame skips are very low to non-existent. The audio "highs" are a bit tinny and distorted on my computer but I can work on that.

I haven't gotten to the stage of burning the DVD yet, but I feel much more comfortable editing my movie clips in WMM and then importing them to the Roxio DVD burning tool. I'm sure that will be an experience in itself, but I'm a way aways from that.

Perhaps I overlooked this very simple solution somewhere on these boards, but this approach seems to knock so many "birds with one stone" I thought I really needed to share.

2 answers to this question

Forgive me for blasting onto the forum on my first post, claiming to know answers, because trust me, I don't. I have been scouring these posts this week trying to find a solution to my problem (posted in title) where the Capture Video function simply would not load. I tried multiple installs, clean installs, copying my Roxio Setup disc to hard drive, and still no properly functioning software. After these installs my Windows XP computer did recognize the Roxio Hardware (what you have plugged into your USB 2.0) which would turn out to be key.

Here was my solution: Just use Windows Movie Maker!!! It has it's own Capture Video function (under File) and works with the Roxio Hardware! Now you have all of your files digital, with audio, no problem. It took me a few test runs to get my levels right but I am much happier using this uncomplicated software to Capture. If you don't get too ambitious on picture quality the frame skips are very low to non-existent. The audio "highs" are a bit tinny and distorted on my computer but I can work on that.

I haven't gotten to the stage of burning the DVD yet, but I feel much more comfortable editing my movie clips in WMM and then importing them to the Roxio DVD burning tool. I'm sure that will be an experience in itself, but I'm a way aways from that.

Perhaps I overlooked this very simple solution somewhere on these boards, but this approach seems to knock so many "birds with one stone" I thought I really needed to share.

Using WMM to test the Roxio USB device has been posted many times in these forums but it only works with XP as far as I know.

Yes sadly MS wisely( :glare: ) removed that functionality with Vista and carried to over to Vista SE (Win7)…

We often recommend that to XP users as it does test if the drivers are properly loaded. Wish there was something that simple for Vista/Win7 users :(

WMM has some nice features, but otherwise is a poor tool when compared to the VideoWave (editor) and MyDVD (authoring) programs included in V2D…

We need some more details to help you get V2D up and running!

Start a new topic and list your PC specs like you see in our signatures. Also include your HDD Free Space and what Error messages you see with V2D.