• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VideoWave crash Problem

siva_dsp

Question

I am having problem with videowave on my computer:

My Computer description:

purchased this computer few months ago. It is Dell Studio 540, Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.5GHz, 6GB RAM, Windows 7 Home 64bit OS. C drrive has 250GB and data drive has 270GB free space.

Problem1:

Here are the steps that created crash problem,

1. Open roxio creator 2010 Pro

2. select Video Movie tab and select 'Edit video - Advanced'. This open video wave.

3. Select new production

4. add .vob file, the size of the is 1GB

5. select timeline

6. add marker in two places

7. select in timeline between these marker

8. click 'Trim selected sections'. Now I got error as 'videowave has stopped working'. and videowave closes by itself.

So, I did clean unistall and install for Windows7 as suggested by one of the forum.

Problem2:

Now I got one additional new problem. When I add .vob file in videowave, it says 'Please wait while windows configure roxio creator pro10' after which it asking for me to restart. I did retsrat. But I still have this problem and says same message and asking for restart. I tried many time, no luck.

When I say cancel for above message('Please wait while windows configure roxio creator pro10' ), try to see first problem is solved, but first problem(above mentioned steps) still there.

FYI: I have update with SP2 for Roxio.

I was trying to intall/unstall DirectX SDK while attempting to fix first problem . Could it be reason for second problem? if it is, how do I fix it.

Please suggest me if anyone knows anything to fix this problem.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

My computer situation is similar to yours. By trial and error I found how to eliminate the VideoWave termination on my computer. First I moved the virtual memory up to max. I don't know if that helped but it couldn't hurt. Next I learned the the special beginning and end trim software is limited to removing just a few minutes in total of a video. Instead use the editing capability which allows you to edit out sections of the video such a commercials. On my system this capability is limited to about 45 minutes if done in one chunk and somewhat less than 45 minutes in total if several different sections are removed. You may have to do the editing in steps saving the file each time you approach the 45 minute limit and then reloading the smaller file and edit it. You can use the editing function to remove about a 45 minute section at the beginning or end of the video. Hope this helps! Now we just need Roxio and Sonic to up the capibility of creator 2010 pro, maybe in a service pack.

My computer situation is similar to yours. By trial and error I found how to eliminate the VideoWave termination on my computer. First I moved the virtual memory up to max. I don't know if that helped but it couldn't hurt. Next I learned the the special beginning and end trim software is limited to removing just a few minutes in total of a video. Instead use the editing capability which allows you to edit out sections of the video such a commercials. On my system this capability is limited to about 45 minutes if done in one chunk and somewhat less than 45 minutes in total if several different sections are removed. You may have to do the editing in steps saving the file each time you approach the 45 minute limit and then reloading the smaller file and edit it. You can use the editing function to remove about a 45 minute section at the beginning or end of the video. Hope this helps! Now we just need Roxio and Sonic to up the capibility of creator 2010 pro, maybe in a service pack.

How long in time is that video you are working on?

I don't quite understand what you are doing? Do you mean that you can only remove a sum total of 45 minutes worth at one session? Or onle a single 45 minute section. I have trimmed video up to 15 minutes without any problem.

What do you mean by "saving the file each time"? Are you Outputting to a new video file? That is not considered saving and will give poorer quality after every "output". In C2010 Videowave when you "save" all you are saving is your project file which contains your editing instructions. You original video file is never changed.

The DVD can start out as a 2-hr. video in SP format and then can be saved in DVD format (by MyDVD) after removing about 45 minutes running time in SP format giving a new DVD or file of about 75 minutes run time in SP format which can then be loaded and edited again in VideoWave removing up to another 45 minutes on my machine (in one section or several sections that do not exceed 45 minutes in a SP formated DVD and recorded with MyDVD on another disk/file with now only about 30 minutes remaining in SP formated DVD. I saw no loss of resolution in my system. I can make no claims for any other system but any time I attempted to remove in editing more than about 45 minutes of runtime of an SP formatted DVD on my system, VideoWave would shut down. The concept of limited editing size, if validated, should be included in the written documentation of Creator 2010 to save other customers unnecessry grief.

I am having a similar issue. I have a Dell Studio with the Cord i& processor, 6 GB of ram on a Windows 7 Ultimate OS. The program works on WindowsXP x64, just not Win 7. I have a DVD I recorded off a DVD player (television) that contains 5 1/2 hour shows - 21-22 minutes each. The DVD says the compilation in 2 hours and eight minutes. When I fire it up and navigate to the directory where the files are stored (on DVD or hard disk - same result), I can preview the file in the browsing window, but anything I try to do to it, including stopping browsing causes it to crash. It does run fine on small video formats. It is just the large ones. I certainly have enough ram, horsepower and disk space to deal with this. I am using SP2 in Creator Pro 2010.

Has anyone had any ideas? Again, it works on WinXP x64 - just not Win7

I am having a similar issue. I have a Dell Studio with the Cord i& processor, 6 GB of ram on a Windows 7 Ultimate OS. The program works on WindowsXP x64, just not Win 7. I have a DVD I recorded off a DVD player (television) that contains 5 1/2 hour shows - 21-22 minutes each. The DVD says the compilation in 2 hours and eight minutes. When I fire it up and navigate to the directory where the files are stored (on DVD or hard disk - same result), I can preview the file in the browsing window, but anything I try to do to it, including stopping browsing causes it to crash. It does run fine on small video formats. It is just the large ones. I certainly have enough ram, horsepower and disk space to deal with this. I am using SP2 in Creator Pro 2010.

Has anyone had any ideas? Again, it works on WinXP x64 - just not Win7

It would be better to start a new thread explaining exactly what you are trying to do and what the problem. Hijacking a thread with a "maybe me too" problem is not a good idea.