• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 793 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

56flh

Speed Wavering on playback

Question

I have spent a day searching through this on-line community so if this has been discussed please point me to the thread that will help.

I am using Creator 2009 Ultimate and have downloaded the driver for the USB device as instructed in the "do not install" card included with the VHS to DVD software. I have successfully copied one of my VHS tapes using "Creator>Input>Cature Video" which appears to play as expected when observed in the small monitor screen during the recording process. When I play this file back using Copy and Convert DVD-Video all appears to work well except every few minutes it seems there is a huge slowdown in playback which then gradually speeds back up to normal playback speed. This variability occurs throughtout the playback.

Any help will be appreciated.

System is:

Core I7 920 @ 2.67 GHz

Windows XP SP3

1000 GB hard drive (defrag has been run)

SB XF-i Extreme sound

ATI Radeon HD4800 video

2 answers to this question

I have spent a day searching through this on-line community so if this has been discussed please point me to the thread that will help.

I am using Creator 2009 Ultimate and have downloaded the driver for the USB device as instructed in the "do not install" card included with the VHS to DVD software. I have successfully copied one of my VHS tapes using "Creator>Input>Cature Video" which appears to play as expected when observed in the small monitor screen during the recording process. When I play this file back using Copy and Convert DVD-Video all appears to work well except every few minutes it seems there is a huge slowdown in playback which then gradually speeds back up to normal playback speed. This variability occurs throughtout the playback.

Any help will be appreciated.

System is:

Core I7 920 @ 2.67 GHz

Windows XP SP3

1000 GB hard drive (defrag has been run)

SB XF-i Extreme sound

ATI Radeon HD4800 video

What happens when you play the captured video using a software player like Windows Media Player? Do you observe the same behaviour?

What happens when you play the captured video using a software player like Windows Media Player? Do you observe the same behaviour?

Yes

I think I got it resolved by capturing using DVD HQ