• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Burn and Finalize CD

Ohi

Question

Long and short of it, I need to use Roxio Burn for a what my company does. We have less that a minute to burn 2 files between shifts and this is the easiest and most foolproof method of doing so. We used to use Roxio 6's Drag to disk for this, and it finalized the cd, but I cannot find anything that will finalize the CD, or "lock" it so that no other data could be written to it.

This is for evidence so it really needs to be closed so that the original disks cannot be modified in any way.

So long and short of it, is it possible?

Thanks for the help! :)

1 answer to this question

Long and short of it, I need to use Roxio Burn for a what my company does. We have less that a minute to burn 2 files between shifts and this is the easiest and most foolproof method of doing so. We used to use Roxio 6's Drag to disk for this, and it finalized the cd, but I cannot find anything that will finalize the CD, or "lock" it so that no other data could be written to it.

This is for evidence so it really needs to be closed so that the original disks cannot be modified in any way.

So long and short of it, is it possible?

Thanks for the help! :)

Yes this has always been available in every version.

Using the Home app Data/Copy Burn Data Disc, simply set the Options to Disc at Once:

post-39730-1265393371.jpg

Or from Data/Copy Burn Data Disc-Advanced (Creator Classic), set the Burn Options to Read Only:

post-39730-1265393395.jpg

There is a new app in Creator 2010 called Roxio Burn, which resembles the old D2D… It is not and has uses Session Writing with NO ability to Finalize a disc.

You could use this to write the data then from the Home app, tools, use the Finalize disc option…

So there are Three separate ways to accomplish what you want to do.

Any more questions, feel free to ask, most of us are up to speed with data discs.