BD-R 50gb Burn Problem

Stevejg

Question

Lacie Blue Ray Burner. Verbatim BD-R DL disks. Creator 2010. When I drag intact folders to a project and don't touch them (rename, new folder, etc.) no problem burning. When I create a new folder, drop files in to "fill" the BD...OR change the name on a few files while in Creator...OR save then open an existing Creator project, my project burns for about two hours then I get an error code (536870909). I have tried this keeping the project "open" to append or burn once. I have screwed-up four discs so far. (Ok the last time I kept the disc "open" so I can append. So, I think I can save that disc)

Weird thing....The files are on the BD. The files are all the correct size (mb). After an hour sitting in the Lacie, a few hundred all of a sudden "showed-up" as thumbnails and I could open these files. But, not the rest.

I have no idea what's going on. I have been burning Dual Layer DVD's on my Notebook for a year now with no problems. Should this really be this difficult?

Oh, by the way, I purchased Roxio Creator 2010 a few nights ago because this same problem (with a differant error code) was happening with the "free" version that came with my Lacie.

Any help would be appriciated.

12 answers to this question

Steve: I would be happy to give that a whirl today but to duplicate your problem, I would need a little more info…

How many sessions are you writing and what should be my target size for each session?

Not clear if you are using Creator Classic or Burn Data Disc? (they are seperate programs)

What are your Project Settings?

I would be prudent to have a disc of BD RE on hand when you want to try something… I keep both BD RE & BD DL RE for testing!

PS: did you do, SP2?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Jim,

I used "Burn Data Disc". I tried creating a folder then using copy & paste to put in 44gb worth of Picture files.

Then I just used "Open" "Files" to put in the same amount of files.

I tried "TAO open & closed", "DAO".

I tried "Leave Opan" & "Close DVD"

I tried "Mode 1"

I tried "ISO Level 2 & ISO Joliet Level 2".

I do have BD-RE on hand but, since I have wasted almost $100 of -R's, I didn't try them yet.

I also used "Burn Data Disc" to try and burn DVD-R. I had a 4 disc "Span", it burned the first disc

then it crapped out on the second disc. The message was that the "Verification" was differant on the disc than the original files.

I was able to drag and drop 4 DVD-R's to finnish that project.

I'm sorry but, I don't know what you mean by "How many sessions" I am writing but, each time I was "filling" my BD-R with about 44gb of files.

And Yes I have SP2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

-

-

-

Steve: I would be happy to give that a whirl today but to duplicate your problem, I would need a little more info…

How many sessions are you writing and what should be my target size for each session?

Not clear if you are using Creator Classic or Burn Data Disc? (they are seperate programs)

What are your Project Settings?

I would be prudent to have a disc of BD RE on hand when you want to try something… I keep both BD RE & BD DL RE for testing!

PS: did you do, SP2?

Edited by Stevejg

Steve, sorry it took so long…

I used the Burn Data Disc with a 50GB RE and it went through without a problem.

Here is the Project:

post-39730-1265563954.jpg

And here is the result:

post-39730-1265563971.jpg

I actually forgot to check settings and when I did, this is what was used…

post-39730-1265563978.jpg

I do not think it uses any of those as they are for CD's and DVD's.

The fact that you have trouble with both Roxio as well as the OEM points to problems elsewhere.

You can do the Prep Steps – KB Page

And Clean Install – Vista/Win7

To assure you have all in order.

I spent hours doing a clean install.

I have a question before I start this.

I am in "Burn Data Disc". I created a folder. I put in 44gb of files.

I put a new BD-R disk in my Lacie burner.

I have an message on the bottom of my "Burn Data Disc" window.

---Disc Type: BD-R, Open, Multisession, Data Appendable ! This Disc cannot be used for this project---

Do you know what this could be?

What is going on?

I NEVER got to "burn" this project and all the files are on the BD-R.

I went from "Burn Data Disc" to "Classic". I created a folder there. I put in 44gb of files and COULD NOT burn.

The files are all on the BD-R and they have the correct file size associated with each file. I NEVER BURNED IT!

The disc shows no space available.

Could this disc be waiting for a "finalize" of some sort?

All this happened in minutes, how?

I'm sure it's "operator error" but, what am I doing wrong?

THAT is not a blank disc!!!

It is a disc you wrote to whether you remember doing it or not…

A BLANK BD-R looks like this:

post-39730-1265808227.jpg

You should have received a warning unless you made the mistake of turning them off: post-39730-1265808201.jpg

And if you don't Append the data into your current project, it will reject your disc for a new one!

You cannot rely on Windows to give you accurate disc data. Use Roxio Tools or the bar below the Burn Data Disc window.

post-39730-1265808154.jpg

Thought you were going to use some RE discs? You keep skipping the 'I need to slow down and learn how to do this' phase :lol::D:lol:

After a few hours on the phone with Roxio Support, they think my driver is out of date. The driver for my Lacie shows up as Pioneer and has a 2006 date. I have a message in to Lacie because I could not find a driver on the internet.

This problem is not going away too fast. Now, LaCie is sending me a new drive. Only me!

Edited by Stevejg